Android Apps running in background-Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

By far the easiest phone to root/hack/homebrew is any WebOS device. My original Palm Pre is running a 1ghz over clock based on screen state. When the screen is off it runs at 500 mhz

Yeah your phone stomps on mine performance wise, lol. At stock clock speeds and just a difference ROM/Kernal, I'm about where the Droid X 2.2 is.

I use SetCPU btw to set CPU speeds for different parameters. For instance; if I'm not doing anything it'll clock down to 275MHz; same if the phone is "off". Otherwise, it jumps up to 1GHz. If the battery is low I have it set at 745MHz tops.

What phone do you have. As far as i know my phone is not overclocked, unless it's built into the ROM because i didn't open setcpu yet because i'm still learning about custom kernals and how to load them.

I have the HTC Incredible. SetCPU doesn't let you overclock unless your ROM allows it. Though, it does allow you to underclock which is what I'm using it for.

Back