Another Bob Vila/Sisteve Production

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no the person that is purchasing it is doing all the painting.

These things suck to paint w/o a sprayer

I would stain it a nice dark color and polyeurethane it.

Originally posted by mdlax1@Dec 17 2003, 11:37 AM
i'd rub my ass on it

sweet, can you fart on it too???

Where do I UPS it to? :)

nice, i made one that looked exactly like that in high school. I used plans though. Of course i didnt give a shit in highschool so mine wasnt as nice

Oak Book Case
Completed 12/23/03

Materials:

Red Oak Cabinet Grade 3/4" Plywood
3/4" Faced Red Oak

Pics:

bookcase01.jpg

bookcase02.jpg

bookcase03.jpg

bookcase04.jpg

bookcase05.jpg

bookcase06.jpg

bookcase07.jpg

bookcase08.jpg

Tell me what you think!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sisteve@Dec 23 2003, 09:12 PM
Oak Book Case
Completed 12/23/03

Materials:

Red Oak Cabinet Grade 3/4" Plywood
3/4" Faced Red Oak

Tell me what you think!!!!!!!

I WANT IT!!!

Seriously...how much do you want for it man? I've been needin a nice little book case for my movies, magazines and shit.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Steve that thing looks good. We need to start a biznitch. We should get a woodshop going, make it like the old days in Mr. Z's woodshop class back in highschool.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Dec 23 2003, 09:20 PM
...pretty good but need work on routing on top edge.

Thanks to all the replies/comments

Revolution: Prices start at $300 :) this case is 2'x4'

K2e2vin: the top is routed perfectly, there are still some burn marks from routing through porous grain in the oak. Oak is a wood that will burn no matter how careful you use your power tool. Remember it is a hard, dense wood and it does not like to be cut :) Most of the burn marks are now out of the routed areas now, just takes lots and lots of sanding.

Now taking orders for these bookcases :) hehe

Originally posted by sisteve@Dec 23 2003, 11:48 PM
Most of the burn marks are now out of the routed areas now, just takes lots and lots of sanding.

i was going to suggest that :)

I need a TV stand, mang... Just a 3' tall 3' wide stand with a shelf for a VCR, cable box, and dvd player, with 3" diameter hole at the base, near the middle of each shelf... ;)

Stained Oak would be fine, and something that's made with screws and maybe a few dowels so it can be disassembled for shipping, and I can reassemble it here. I'm kinda handly like that.

Actually, now that you mention it, that sounds like a GREAT valentines present for the female... ;)

Back