Another D16z6 Post Please Help a NOOB!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zomghai

So I've read a few post about building a z6. All of which went over my head. I was hoping to get some help that is a little more noob friendly.

I have a 93 civic coupe and I will be working on this project with my brother. I have no exp at all with cars. My brother however, worked for a dealership but did mainly maintenance work.

I'm not looking to make crazy power, I just want to build a dependable long lasting motor with a little more kick than the stock motor would put out. The build will be a N/A build and is obviously my daily driver. My budget is about $1k-1.2k although the lower the better as I'm pretty strapped for cash.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I would suggest with your budget and your lack of working on car skills to look at swapping out your D series for a B series.....with your budget your would be able to turbo your D series which would be pretty complicated or you could also swap in an ls which would also be complicated....either way your probably going to need a little bit more money.....I would just say start researching now about what you want to do with your car and save your money till you have a better idea of what you want to do

No cash, no experience, and a DD. Yep just save your money, just go with I/H/E and be done with it. Maybe pick up something cheap to tinker with and learn on.

I will be going with a B in the future. As for right now I just want to build a reliable motor. Like I said I'm not looking for crazy power gains. Also I have bolt ons already on my current motor that I'm hoping will bolt up to the Z6. So I'm looking at 1k-1.2 on buying the motor and building internals. All work will be done ourselves except for headwork. I just need advice on what parts would be essential to get some decent hp gains.

Ok mild build, y8 intake mani, mild street cam, with your current bolt ons and a tune will let you feel the few extra ponies on the ass dyno.

Thanks for the input. I currently have a short ram intake that will be replaced for an intake system, DC 4-2-1 headers, and exhaust...i'm not sure what kind of set up though tee hee. I plan on getting lightweight cam gears, lightweight pulley, light weight flywheel, performance water pump, and a intake mani. I'm trying to get in the ballpark of 130hp at the wheels after tuning. Do you think the y8 will get the job done? or is that too high of a goal for the mods that I'm planning to get. Once again thank you for your time.

Back