Another Plus for Humanity

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sorry man, there's something seriously wrong with someone who would do wrong to GOOD people. Stay safe.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 13 2003, 07:29 AM
even though you don't have rental insurance, you may be able to have your landlords insurnace cover at least the damages. It is his property- not yours, his window- not yours, and so forth.

Tony?

... ill have to ask my professor on that one brian. im not too sure of renter's rights and what not.

From the limited knowledge i have of the subject (99.9% of which comes from being a renter myself)

the landlord must only pay for any physical property damage. i.e. broken windows etc.

That is a good idea you came up with Brian on asking the landlord if their property insurance would cover it.

i highly doubt it. but it would be a good idea to look into.

also, if he is NOT covered by his landlords insurance...

how secure were the windows and doors on his apartement?

if you can prove that the landlord's negligence in repairing or putting in doors locks and windows that are up to par, you MIGHT have a claim.....

i would advise the starter of this thread to run out and buy 10 cinder blocks of concrete, 12 gua. shotgun with buckshot, some string and a device to mount the shotgun to the cinder blocks to that when the front door is opened, the entrant would receive 6 ounces of lead right to the stomach.

of course you would have to remember NOT to enter your apartment through the front door :lol:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 14 2003, 06:41 PM
i would advise the starter of this thread to run out and buy 10 cinder blocks of concrete, 12 gua. shotgun with buckshot, some string and a device to mount the shotgun to the cinder blocks to that when the front door is opened, the entrant would receive 6 ounces of lead right to the stomach.

of course you would have to remember NOT to enter your apartment through the front door :lol:

Knowing my luck...I would stumble in drunk and receive a hot lead welcome party in the stomach. :p

Here's a run down. The cop didn't do shit, he waled around the house and said essentially "Yup, looks like you've been robbed." Then he handed me my case number and was on his way. I know for a fact that they touched 2 different network cables, 1 mouse plug, and 2 power supply cords all of which are still in the house. The ass didn't ever ask for serial numbers on the newer laptop.

Renters Insurace would have been worth having before the breakin, now I don't have anything worth stealing. If I replace any of this stuff I will start carrying renters insurance. My possesions include a set of golf clubs that I got for $20 at a garage sale, some cheap stereo equipment (I wouldn't mind if they took my reciever or CD player, that would be a good reason to get newer stuff) my computer which isn't a name brand so they have to know what they are looking at to know it has some value, and a bunch of books.

The landlord paid for the window but the stuff that was taken was not covered and seeing how the landlord is my uncle I don't want to be a dick about it. :)

I was really pissed about it at first, but now I realize that is doesn't matter. I don't feel "violated" as I have been told by so many people that have been robbed. These were things, while I will miss my horn and I am really bummed about my friend's laptop they are things, they don't really matter. Hell I had too much stuff to begin with.

Thanks for the support. I will keep you all posted if anything happens to turn up at local pawn shops.

Back