Another POSSIBLE TPS problem...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skimmy_jimmy

hey guys, i know theres a ton of threads regarding the TPS, but i want to give my symptoms and see what you all think. I have a 99 civic SI, b16. a few months after buying it, it suddenly would start surging when shifting into gears, mostly 1st. if i tap the pedal itll throw the car back and forth violently. also my car has been getting terrible gas mileage. so first things first, i replaced my starter, distributor cap and plug wires. nothing changed. me and my buddy think that its my TPS. one day he looked at it and said the voltage would jump around alot when he tested the TPS wires. this was about 2 years ago, and due to financial strain, havent been able to even mess with it

ive seen a few people say that if they unplugged the wire from the TPS, their cars sometimes ran better. tried that, not much of a difference. very little, if any. so yeah, after my paragraph(sorry) what do you guys think? i am going to buy a voltage meter hopefully in the next few days and test the voltage again, other than that, im effin lost!

omni power sells their's on ebay for cheap. I got one for $15 shipped. I'd check the map sensor first tho.

this is completely unrelated but when I read the topic I thought it was going to be about office space......
lumbergh.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT: just ran my car with the map disconnected, and it ran like ****. would jump from 300-1200 rmps back and forth, then would stop, so i DONT think its the map.

i JUST went to autozone and did an OBD check and it threw the TPS code, MAP sensor code, and Speedometer Sensor Code...

Back