another possible trip to Japan....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
if I bust my ass more at work, get my taxes back...(after I get around to filing them), save up some more money, find someone to watch the house and dog, and possibly sell one of the cars......then the trip to JDM land may be possible...and as always...if we go...I'm sure we can try to set up a small group for a tour. Granted...it's not cheap...but it will also be one of those things your going to kick your ass later if you didn't go.

Recap on the last few trips....

Plenty of drinking, relaxing bath houses, car events, racing, drifting, shopping, scopeing out hot JDM chicks in mini-skirts and high heeled boots, riding in cars that you won't find over here, food to die for, legally pissing in the streets, wheel shopping, used JDM parts store and junkyard hopping, gambling, and reaking havok on the locals turf.

Granted...it will be expensive....but worth maxing out your credit cards for.

but so far, I'm doing 7 day work weeks, got OT out my ass, we do have a possible strike upcoming for contract negotiations, and I still got to get one or two more swaps done to my cars to get them up and running so the wifes subby can have a well deserved break from my commuting to and from work.

Although...I doubt the wife will want to spend any money on parts this time like we did last time...just to have them collect dust in the basement and she loses money again...so this time...it might not be a parts trip for the people that don't go...I'm just going to get parts for myself...and that's it...if you want something...then you can set up a container with other people, come and we'll show you where to get the parts, and your on your own...but this might change as the trip becomes finalized...right now I'm still looking to see if I can afford it and if my contacts over there are still available.

But a 2 week trip to get away from work...is the plan...or I might do one week...and save the other week I have off...and try to get a trip to Europe or Thailand later in the year.

But this post is to see if there is any interest from other people to see if they can afford it, and can go during the time mentioned...end of april and the begining of may....1-2 weeks...airfare will be around $700-900 round trip from JFK...or cheaper if I look around, food will be what you can eat for that time frame...sleep might be in an area hostle, or a locale hotel that runs about $130 a night...but if people decide early enough...then they can room together and split the cost. The StageA will fit 5 people sweetly...and plenty of room for items bought at the parts shops or toy stores. And it's fast. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
how long is the flight?

i hate planes

12-16 hours.....it takes a full 24 hours from door to door from my house in ct, to the inlaws house in kyoto, japan....

lose a day going over there, gain a day coming back......

I think we all want a $$$ figure here.

Also, can we give you money to get us stuff over there?

I.E. Some nice jap 17x9 rims w/low offset for cashizslick???!?!

he just said this isnt gonna be a parts trip.

and figure it out. $700-900 airfare.
130 a night x 6 or 13

$1480 - $2590 plus food and money for parts. theres a rough estimate.

I do need you to go to Tommy Kaira again. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
he just said this isnt gonna be a parts trip.

thats so they dont loe money on shit still in the basement. it might be different if you paid him up front.

im definatly interested, me and the misses were gonna take a transatlantic cruise this year, but i wanna go to jdm land bad. ill talk to her.

I would SO go, but I'll be in Spain at the time, and then South Korea after that. I have a buddy who is stationed at Iwakuni (I think), and thought about flying out to see him from Seoul, but I don't think that's gonna work.

You ever been to kyoto? I'm contemplating taking a month long Japanese language study program this summer, and just wondering if there is anything to do other than visit historical sites. Whats airfare like?

do they have fortys in japan?? its a critical question. and if you dont know, can you please find out for me. :mrgreen:

you can make money on parts if you actually buy stuff people want this time :p who the hell uses 4x114.3 wheels in high offset???

come back with some volk or mugen stuff... and you will make your money back i bet.

as for me, theres no way i'm affording this anytime in the near future :cry:

no no no, fortys... the ones you drink. a 40oz'er of OE, ya know??? the really big beer bottles lol. My friend tells me that they dont have them in japan, i just wanted to know for sure..... hehe

aei.jpg

are 3Liters enough for one beer for ya? :laugh:

aeh.jpg

Hell, if I had the money, and was 21 I'd go in a heartbeat. Not only would I go broke buying tons of neat JDM stuff, but I guarentee theres a shitload of airsoft stuff that I could make a fortune on selling back over here.

haha DAYUM thats a lot a booze. how much one of those cost american???

in that second pic, in the top right corner, those look to be fortys...(maybe 22's...but they look big) dammit!!! :mad:

Back