Anti-Honda sites

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

Hope this isn't a repost. While doing a google search, I came across these sites:

Honda Haters

[url]www.SHITONHONDA.com[/url]

Why? :eek: Extreme jealousy? Is a US car company behind this? I know that my exbf was very jealous of my Si's place in my heart (the car was ahead of him, as was my dog Gypsy :lol: ).

the first one the guy is a jackass, hw are you gonna try and compare a turbo engine to a N/A. If that was really the case then a WRX makes what.... 227 hp from a 2.0?

There's 2 sides to every agrument, and one is always wrong. I love how he compares a Civic DX to a Mustang Cobra. Clearly a douchebag. We can't get warned for flaming idiots not on the site, right? :)

He doesnt compare the engines though, if you look at a honda engine (or any Japanese engine) then look at an American engine. My point is compare the tolerances of each engine. My point exactly, the tolerances of these two engines is crazy. American motors are build to low tolerances so they can be mass produced. :FACTOID: America needs to get better quality engines!

the whole 500hp thing pissed me off. a 4th gen with 300hp could beat a 500hp olds anyday. for one simple reason, they are 4500lb cars so they need all that power to go fast.

it doesn't take shit to make a 2000lb car haul ass.

also they compared a Civic DX and GSR to a Cobra and TA. Again back to the math but if you double the HP and Displacement of the GSR it comes out to a 3.6L
w/ 360hp more than both TA and Cobra with still having less displacement.

BTW how much does a TA or Cobra cost, i bet its still more than a 99' Si w/ 8 lbs.
Thats a 13 sec car, thats quick. But again think of a 4th gen with the same B16 setup.

either way both sides are going to keep finding ways to prove their point. and neither side will give in. Both side should keep there mouths shut, and say "who gives a fuck?"

this post was by ef9civicgen4.
god dammit brian start signing off your name when your on at my house!

Why do domestics have to bash us import people? I have driven both. I like imports beacuse they suit my needs. Why can't we all just get a long.

:gives:

those sites were made and directed at the asshats that think honda is the pinnacle of automotive quality and performance (in case you didnt know... they are not)

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Nov 24 2003, 07:10 PM

it doesn't take shit to make a 2000lb car haul ass.

I did a b16a2 swap, skunk2 mani, AEM cam gears, and some tuning to my 93 hatch. Putting down 153hp 107 tq, lost, won and tied my buddy's modded IROC Z28 in three different on Sat.

Originally posted by JimJewy@Nov 24 2003, 02:14 PM
Why do domestics have to bash us import people? I have driven both. I like imports beacuse they suit my needs. Why can't we all just get a long.

As with many things in life, it seems to be a lot easier to hate what is different and we don't understand, than accept and tolerate another point of view. I do realize that many people can't stand to drive stick too, but I am happy with my cars and I don't mind what anyone else drives. I do get tired of people trying to persuade me that their taste is more justified than mine. WTF is that all about anyway?

While I do recommend Hondas to my friends and family, I don't go overboard. If they do buy a Honda, I then feel responsible for it being a great car... and I don't know if they will be as good an owner as I. I am a stickler for oil and timing belt changes. I am a good driver and I observe the way my car functions. I listen for new noises, feel the way she handles, look her over and even watch for new smells frequently. I allow for normal wear and tear as she is an older car. Somehow, I feel others aren't as vigilant and don't know their cars very well.

<----- Planning on reaching a million miles on her Si. :wub:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 24 2003, 02:31 PM
:gives:

those sites were made and directed at the asshats that think honda is the pinnacle of automotive quality and performance (in case you didnt know... they are not)

I was just surprised at all the effort they made just to be negative. Why not just have a site saying how wonderful their cars are? These are probably also the same people who hate drifting events taking place in the US. :huh:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 24 2003, 01:31 PM

THEY'RE NOT?!

You've dashed all my hopes and dreams!! :D

im sorry

i promise you with a few years of therapy and some medication youll be ok

:)

There was a variant sold in Canada named the Civic SiR

i thoght the canadian SiR was a canadian version of an Si??

I have heard that the actual Type R's had a unique pearl white paint.

and yellow and black, right?

"Hondas, because they have VTEC and the shitty American engines don't!"

Zetec? Ecotec?

In 1991-93, the Dodge Spirit R/T made 224 HP @ 6000 RPM from a 2.2 liter 16V DOHC turbo engine. This works out to 102 HORSEPOWER PER LITER!

I'm sorry, WHAT were the hp figures on the K20A? 220@8k? and whatabout the H22A?? hmm....

but the Honda Si 1.8 liter that makes 100 HP per liter only has 180 HP.

1.8L Si?

aah...

frankly, i agree with 90% of what those sites are about...

the shit they speak of is here, h-t, h-a, you name it... hello and welcome to hondas.

people have ruined it for the true fans. and thus, it's time to move on.

going over to the other ocean next.... bmw here i come. bill's car is t3h pimp :)

nope gti 1.8t's are junk as far as im concerned a guy that owns a local performance shop here in Maine has a limited production 337 gti 1.8t and about 5,000 dollars in turbo upgrades and runs 14.5's thats absolutely horrible if u ask me

well everyone's entitled to his own opinion.

even if he's wrong. :blink:

j/k

i still like 'em...saw one in houston that was blowin' away gsr swapped hatches

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 24 2003, 05:15 PM
frankly, i agree with 90% of what those sites are about...

the shit they speak of is here, h-t, h-a, you name it... hello and welcome to hondas.

people have ruined it for the true fans. and thus, it's time to move on.

going over to the other ocean next.... bmw here i come. bill's car is t3h pimp :)

No way, I mean yeah BM's are, were, and will be phat. But I still love my Honda.

To me it's the thought of building a 1.6, 1.8, or 2L car to take down the local (my stock v8 is faster then anything built in Japan) Mulletboy. If for no better reason then to show him that there is a replacement for displacement, ingenuity and intellegence.

As for ricers, I don't care. I don't hang around them, I don't identify with them, and I don't race them. I could care less what other people do, it was never about that. And in the end they will go away, and it will be pure again.

I just love to work on my Backwards engine, FWD, no torque car. I belive that the B series Honda will truely hold a place of its own in the history books of auto tunning. Every time I crack the hood, be it for an oil change, valve adjustment, or the calamity that was my suspenion project I realize how much I do love my car.

And with a grin I think to myself, VTEC>V-8

Back