anyone ever converted 4 door front to 2 door?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

laoboisosilly

Slammed EJ2 y0
just like the title says, i need a little info on this civic conversion cause my homeboy wants to try to convert his 95 4 door front to a 95 2 door front ( the front end i have ), what all would i need to complete this off? :mellow:

yeah ive done it...

on a mirage :)

sscmirage1.JPG

I've seen it before, but I've never done one myself. I was looking into it at some point a few years ago...

From what I remember, you have to extend the sides of the 2 door bumper a bit so that they're longer (from corners to wheel well), and you have to splice the front of the 2 door's fenders with the rear half of the 4 door's fenders.

From what I remember, you have to extend the sides of the 2 door bumper a bit so that they're longer (from corners to wheel well), and you have to splice the front of the 2 door's fenders with the rear half of the 4 door's fenders.

deng you serious? i have to splice the fenders together? lol that makes it sound like im creating a frankenstein thingy mabob :ph34r: , but cant the 2 door fenders bolt directly to the 4 door chassis with little to no modification? cause thats pretty much the biggest concern at this point, the bumper is no diddley problem at all :cool:

They can, but I think the line between the doors and the fenders has a different curve. Like I said, I'm not sure. I've seen a few prowling around that didn't look horrible from a distance that I know were just bolted up, so I would suggest just getting the bumper used and cheap somewhere to see how close everything fits first.

Back