1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone ever seen painted rain guards?

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by reckedracing, Apr 6, 2004.

1. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

this is a post regarding my ex's 2004 civic ex

well, she wants to get a new front grill cause she thinks the black plastic one looks like shit, so i support that change....

but she also wants rain guards cause she has light beige interior and she says when she smokes butts the dirty rain water comes in her window, so i told her i would rip those pieces of shit off if she got them...

but i was thinking, what if we painted them to match the car, i have never seen it done so whats your thoughts on that idea?
    and if they looked decent then i would get her the sunroof wind guard and also paint that to match the car...

anyone ever seen rain guards painted? sounds geigh, i know, but she isn't gonna back down on her idea, so i need to find a way to make it acceptable

and she wanted to get fuckin muds flaps, just so you guys know what kind of tard cart i'm dealing with here, and you wonder why i dumped her
    lmao

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

ive seen the rainguards painted to match the car and it looks like SHIT
    just leave them the regular tinted color that they are, it will look fine (just dont get the 1992 style huge ass ghetto ones)

3. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

hmmm... thats rather disappointing...

was it a decent paint job, and it still looked like shit? or did the paint job look like shit...?

any other opinions?

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

it was a decent paint job the color matched the car exactly... or at least really close...ive seen this done a few times with a few different colors
    it just doesnt look good
    it does look better when the car is a dark color to begin with... but it still doesnt really look that good

what color is her car

5. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

the car is the deep dark blue...

6. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

vent shade makes camo colored ones for trucks.... you could do some mods and make it work on a civic...

7. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

lol

well, i guess when you post stupid questions you're bound to get stupid answers lol

8. Havok

Havok Senior Member

Why do you care what HER car looks like? If she has to get them, just leave them alone.

I was trying to find the pic of that kid with the fork in the outlet, with the caption "Somehow I don't think you have thought your cunning plan all the way through"...Eric, help me out. I thought you had it saved, but I couldnt find it in gallery.

9. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

the real question is why do you care that i care?????

if you're not gonna help me then why waste your time posting and my time reading your bullshit post?

i was just asking what people thought

10. Havok

Havok Senior Member

Why are you getting all pissy over it? Sounds like a stalker in the making...and I did give an opinion. Don't start with me, kid.

11. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

hahhaha

chill B, i;m just messing with you

and the stalker would be her dude, not me

the reaosn i care is cause she's finally getting into honda's, so i'm trying to give her pointers and encourage her
    we were friends for 3 year, tried a relationship, lived together for a year, and it was horrible, so now we're just friends agian

12. tab

tab Super Moderator

I know you can paint them, but I agree with E.

The hood guards in my opinion look ok painted tho. The rain guards come in a few finishes. A buddy has the carbon fiber looking ones, they're pretty cool. Also, I've seen really dark ones, and kinda smoky looking ones. I have the smoky ones for my car. I think all three would look fine on a dark blue.

13. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

ive seen those huge ones on the old trackers painted like silver on sea foam green and other odd color combo but never the same as the car . i was planin on doing it to my red hatch but if she does it post pics

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted