1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone familiar with Eclipse/Java/Android SDK's?

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by xj0hnx, Sep 15, 2012.

1. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

So I think I am going to resume the project I almost started back when my wife got her tablet, I am going to make an app/program for the tablet and our phones just to see if I can. Then maybe tryout the iOS SDK, but for that one I have to install a iOS X on an virtual machine so I can running the SDK.

Anyway I am in the process of reading over the install process's, and downloading all the software I need. I am at Java and Eclipse right now, and am looking at all these different packages and wondering which ones are essential, or useful, and which are not needed, and a waste? Like if I got the one for Mobile Developers, would I need 4.2 also? Or the IDE for Java Developers? Or are they included in those packages?

I've got a couple sites I am reading through with installation, and set up plans, but does anyone have any tips, do's/don't's, words of wisdom, learn from my mistake's they want to share?

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

3. xj0hnx

Yea, that's what I remember from last time, it has so much shit that you don't know what to use, and what to ignore. Right now I am installing the Android SDK and it's asking what all I want to install along with the core program, and then list it all, Android 1.5-4.1, and all the files that can with them. and some other crap.

4. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

How's this coming along?

5. xj0hnx

It's on hold, atm. There was something amiss with my computer, I noticed that the antivirus, and defender had been turned off, and neither could be turned back on, or even uninstalled/reinstalled, figured it was some malware, so I restored from a back up from fucking July, and lost a TON of programs, and files. Until I get back up I don't have time to learn to program for fun.

6. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

im trying to learn as well and fuck eclipse. its not for beginners i dont think... lol

7. xj0hnx

Yea, I think you're right. I also think the whole concept of programming is lost on me. It seems a lot of work to make even a little bullshit program.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted