Anyone in the Chicago area?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
I sold my Talon to a guy in Chicago, he sent me a $2k down payment/deposit via Paypal that I'm already transferring to my bank...

I'm going to be delivering it this coming week, and there's also another car that I'm going to be looking at in Chicago and possibly purchasing and bringing home...

Everything 'seems' legit thus far - he told me he owns a few other DSM's, and when I Google Mapped his address I am able to see one of them parked on the curb in front of his address...he also has communicated entirely by text message and email, his email fits a DSM owner/enthusiast, and his cellphone number matches the area he's from...but still, I haven't ever gotten myself into an unmanageable sticky situation because I like to cover all my bases.

I'm not going to post the address up on here, for THAT guy's sake, but I'd be interested in having someone else that's familiar with the area either check it out beforehand or tag along with me - there's a free lunch + gas/expenses for whoever is able to take me up on this...

Holla!

If your shop is busy wouldn't it be better just to sub out the delivery

I've got employees that can handle the shop, and I'll only be a phone call away.

Plus, there's a vehicle that I'm looking at purchasing in Chicago, and I wouldn't want any of my other employees to be the ones to look it over, since it's hit-or-miss...and if I sent one of my employees to Chicago, I'd have to pay them overtime for the drive there and back, PLUS pay for their hotel (I'm staying with a friend in Chicago), and if I use a 3rd party transport I'd have to pay someone else to do a PPI on the car (which is NOT cheap, if you're having a competent Euro tech doing it), and THEN pay someone ELSE to transport the car back if it IS in good shape...and then I STILL run the risk of having a dud arrive for me on a trailer. Additionally, I'll be receiving a good portion of the payment for the talon in cash in person...

There's too much riding on the trip, and too many potentials for failure if anything goes wrong to trust it with someone else.

Last edited:
Yea, same here. Lol what are you going to end ip doing?

its illegal to CCW in chicago so leave the piece at home :wink:
i hope you specified that the $2k was a Non-refundable deposit

I wouldn't worry, from what I've seen about the name of the buyer he appears to be a decent person.

Now, my concern would be that of a stolen identity.

Back