Anyone who reads japanese in the house?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and ty ty ty airjockie

i think im going to start selling to the japanese....

they rape on everything brought over here to america.....

my car cologne which i buy only @ Yaohan shopping plaza (japanese mall in so. cali) runs 12 bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its time they get a little taste of the 90.00 levi's themselves... :p

If your planning to sell over there...then you better learn the language.....

The Yahoo JDM auctions has a language test you have to pass before you can place any bids or make any auctions.....and even I can't pass it.

but yes....there is money to be made over there for some of the stuff we have....but I'm not going to tell the secrets......hehe

A few things:

The Teins are what they are. If you can't afford to buy them, you can't afford to buy them. Using this little bit of wisdom, I have almost 0 debt. Learn it, live it. Pay $600 for the teins.

Importing things is tough. This is NOT an Ebay "Make millions of fucking dollars doing nothing" job. Importing is like playing the markets, Roulette and Trivial Pursuit all at the same time. It's a mixture of knowledge, and a Jedi / Dead Zone sense of being able to look at an item and predict it's future. To belittle what an importer has to do to get the even the slightest trinket to the US shores is an injustice and an insult.

Japanese is tough to learn, nearly impossible to master. I've been taking lessons from Airjockie for a slight while (This week I've been a bad boy, and not studying) and I can tell you that with knowledge comes reward. Translating Japanese is something that he does not to a casual observation, but grammar and intent corrected conversations. You can't use a literal Japanese translation, because you'll just be left scratching your head.

That's why not everyone that speaks casual Japanese can translate it.

-> Steve

unless you guys have a quick and cheap fix they wont fit. acording to Claytons ebay auction site they will only fit an 88 with ball mounts not forks. my civic is an 89 (soon to have a 93 teg rear disks and arms) so looks like were both shit outa luck. i would of bought em' in a few months if he still had them.

unlees you guys can prove otherwise. i really hope you can cuz i want em' as soon as i can get the money.

and my debt: congrats on your 0 debt BUT,

you see my mods, it was taking way too long to save up for the swap so i took out a $3500 dollar loan with a 15% intrest rate. its not like im some stupid fuck that buys everything that catches his eye and throws it on his credit card. in fact the inly thing i pay for with credt is gas. and i pay it off completely at the end f every month.

and i have nothing but respect for ANYONE that can speak japanese, i know how hard it is to learn. i've tried books, programs, and a girl from japan (Shoko) to teach me and i still don't know shit.

{threadjack in progress...} The TEIN's are worth every penny and more. I received an Email from a guy explaining that the TEIN's were only for the USDM 88 CRX/Civic...but they work on the 88-91 JDM CRX and Civics...the US market calimed they did not like the lower Rear Control Arms design on the 88, so the 89 modles went to the fork design....something to do with the mushyness of the bushing...it made the 88 habdle like a RWD car, with a lot of oversteer, normal people didn't like it, but later racers found they can rotate the car quiker for the autocrosses...so it became a highly saught after part...

After readding that, I looked into it a little, and what do you know...he is correct....

So know I see these shocks sitting here and I almost had the urge to go out and buy an 88 CRX, and run with them...but I am not a sec gen CRX guy....and I have enough cars already. But I did study them and tryed to think of a way to fab them to my 1st gen CRX...so I could kick some major ass this year in autocross...but I found out that I would litterally have to scrap the existing subframe and weld a lot of new stuff to it....and I don't have the time to do that at this time...so they went up for sale. And also the 88 CRX lowwer RCA's can be simplely swapped on to the 89-91's

The wife found them in Japan on her visit, and she bought them at a good price, then she took them to a performance shop, and had them checked. They checked good, and had no leakdown pressure or loss of oil/gas. But if they did, they are fully rebuildable...then she lugged them home and packed them, and she is not a big person, and they are a lot heaveier than she though. And then she lugged them to the post office and shipped them. And she did not take a taxi/train/car/bike...she didn't have any...SOOoooo....this information in mind... makes it worth the little money that she is asking for.

Lowballers are starting to annoy me....

{/threadjack in progress}

im not lowballing just cuz i don't want to pay that much. its because i don't have the money. agian if you can hang onto them for a few months(march) then i WOULD HAVE bought them. but since they wont fit i apoligize for even asking.

Back