Are more expensive cooling fans worth the money???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

for example the ones that go for 2-3 bills...will i see any type of performance gains compared to getting a 50 dollar one from pep boys?

I would say no unless you're having overheating issues with your current setup or have a high-output engine.

Yea it's bs. The radiator effects the cooling system by simply expelling heat into the atmosphere and transfering ambient air temp to the coolant; if your stock cooling system is working fine and keeping the temps at the optimal range, then you won't notice any gains from an aftermarket radiator.

He was asking about the cooling fan. The same still goes for the fan in the same way he described the radiator. You won't free up 17 horses. Shenanigans! :dry:

bs. I'd only buy a new fan, spec. a FAL fan, if I had a turbo, and there wasn't enough room for a stock one. If you are having cooling problems, you most likely need a larger radiator. The fan is just there to get the forced convection going when you are stopped.

that was my problem i would only get a fan such as the type being discussed here if i needed to make room for something.

or if my engine was over heating and that was the problem

If your engine is overheating, you have cooling system problem. Replacing the fan won't fix a thing unless the fan wasn't working at all and you were overheating when sitting still or at very low speeds.

Back