1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asian fit glasses

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by K2e2vin, Dec 2, 2009.

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Anyone familiar with Oakleys? I like what I've seen from them, and need new glasses and shades(I broke my Perry Ellis glasses about 3-4 years ago and have yet to replace them). Anyways, I saw that they have specific Asian-fit glasses the would be perfect for me since I have problems with regular glasses fitting well.

Problem is, I don't know if they have regular prescription glasses available in Asian fit(mainly shades). Though, my cousin has Oakley glasses but I think they may just be one of the sunglasses frame with regular lens(also may be regular glasses/non-asian-fit). Does anyone know if any other mfg sell asian-fit glasses and/or know if Oakley can do custom frames(modify existing frame to "asian-fit)?

Also, anyone know the durability/strength of Oakley frames? When I bought my Perry Ellis glasses, they were supposedly the strongest frame Lenscrafter had. None the less, I broke them about 2 years later. I spent like $300 on those, and don't want to spend that much anymore unless it's very good quality. I take my glasses off a lot hence why I tend to break them. My license also states I have to wear corrective lenses(though that'll change when I renew), but a LEO helped me out by giving me the idea to just say I wear contacts. :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt

why not get contacts?

I buy a years supply at a time and it costs me about 150 bucks including the exam. I was able to get an inexpensive pair of glasses at the same time for about 60 bucks.

From my experience, they all break about the same, expensive or inexpensive, so I take the cheap way out and don't feel bad if they break.

3. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Asian fit?

I'm sorry, but ROFL.

1 person likes this.
  4. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

:withstupid:

I've gone through both sunglasses and prescription glasses like a hooker goes through coke. Maybe I'm just clumsy, but I just stopped buying the expensive glasses. Oakley's are nice though, I just can't see myself forking over $150+ for something I might lose/break so quickly.

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Sorry I have a "smaller" face than Americans(I always have to keep pushing up my glasses). btw, I've heard it referred to as "European-fit" too? I'd imagine they wouldn't have this problem considering many Americans are European decent. Here's their page on the differences: http://www.oakley.com/asian_fit

I don't really want contacts due to more hassle taking them in and out(especially in the mornings)...I'm lazy. Glasses are "grab and go". Plus, when I used to have them, everyone complimented me on how smarter and articulate I look! :p

I'm only looking at these Oakley glasses since they seem to have a specs that'll fit better than other glasses. I've had other shades and glasses that just keep dropping.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I'm pretty sure that they'll cut prescription lenses for any of their frames. As far as durability- Oakley's stuff is pretty good, especially the X-Metal series. I've had my Juliets for 9 years now. The titanium frame helps. :D

7. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

i've had several pairs of oakleys, they are pretty good glasses. they are the nike of glasses. not perfect but 251346146 options.

give them a try, i'm sure they wouldn't take a big risk on making something "asian" if it wasn't pretty well designed for it.

8. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i had to -

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

The next time you stroll past a sunglass hut at the mall, ask them to show you the kids section.

10. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Sorry, kids glasses do not fit me. I've tried :p Also shows the ignorance on this board.

11. phunky.buddha

Oakley has a compact line.

12. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

My step bro wears both. Oakley glasses and shades. He's asian.

I doubt they will "modify anything" but they do sell the compact line. He loves his sets. But at that, you better be ready to pay for your shades/glasses. They're spendy.

At that. I had DKNY glasses. Easily 6bucks.

You pay for what you get and you have to look through them all freaking day. Make them nice. Take care of them. Buy a nice case. Etc. 2 years is pretty weak for glasses.

13. phunky.buddha

Oh, Slickdeals has a few Oakley deals live right now.

14. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator VIP

browsing around Oakley's website, most say something like..
    again, browsing the site, saw this: http://www.oakley.com/search/men+prescription+sunglasses/relevance/1/10000+100825 look at the last 2 on that list.. 'Asain fit'

i have a pair of frameless dkny's that were around $400 before insurance :) think i payed a total of $50.. not bad for $3 a month

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted