astronaut toolkit drop on spacewalk

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

$100,000 FOR A FUCKING GREASE GUN!

No wonder our ecno is in the toilet! What next they going to spend 50k for a toilet seat!

didn't you hear? regarding military (more govt spending)
"Stanley Soloway, the DOD's Deputy Under Secretary for Acquisition, says the system, much more than old-fashioned corruption, is the real cause of such outrages as $640 toilet seats and $400 hammers. "
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1998/12/21/252693/index.htm

im sure this isnt your average craftsman or even snapon tool kit... this is most likely some highly specialized shit made out of some ridiculously light weight material that is specially formulated to handle the rigors of the temperatures and other conditions in space and some such blah blah blah....

:shrug2:

Yes, because in a gravity free enviornment, light weight tools are key! :D

I know, I'm sure there was some serious specialized equipment, but 100k is still silly for any briefcase sized bag full of tools.

Yes, because in a gravity free enviornment, light weight tools are key! :D

no... but when it costs on average $200,000 per lb to get something into space it starts to get kinda important

If you want to see an example of waste, check out what KBR did with trucks that had a busted windshield in Iraq. Or what happened to a new Dell desktop when the hard drive went out. It involves a hole and some fuel. Spending that kind of cash on tools is acceptable to me. Like E said, it costs a shit load of money per pound to get something into space.

yeah she's from st. paul (minnesota). Minnesota public radio reports she was heard muttering "Oh, great." when it happened.

:lmao:

Back