At Work Today, I Got The First Look At The Srt-4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Liquidblaze

Well, at Dodge today we got the first two SRT-4s in and the pretty cool. I don't get to drive them because you have to have a specific SRT-4 Class Certification. But I started it up. It has 2" piping, no muffler, t3 turbo (new design for the t3, really stupid), autometer boost gauge, brembo brake calipers and rotors, 17 in wheels, michelin tires, blowoff valve, intercooled. I found out if anyone wants an intercooler, dodge sells them for the SRT for $375, thats a good price for an intercooler. Anyone can go and buy one. I get a discount and bought one for my car when I put a turbo on the first of the year.

The car has racing bucket seats that hug you. It is a real comfortable car. The internals are fully built; forged rods and pistons.

Overall it was a pretty good car but if you take the turbo off you basically have an Neon SXT piece of shit.

I hope to at least ride in one soon. Just to see what they will do.

take some pics w/ a digi cam and post em dude. i want to see this thing. sounds good, still a dodge :p

I couldn't go home to get my camera in time. We got them in this morning and they were already sold. They were specially ordered. We only got two in but we will get more in, in about a week or two I will take pics then.

These aren't pictures I took but I will provide some when i have a chance

srt4int.jpg

539861srt4turbogauge_jpg.jpg

Engine Shot: Big Pictures
Engine Picture

Intercooler Shot

I'd rather have the new Dodge Ram SRT-10 with the Viper engine. But you have to be a Viper owner to be able to purchase the truck.

That thing is ugly as sin but id definately drive it. The SRT8 looks fuckin ill tho.

cant we find something wrong with it..lol, i hate admitting dodge did something right, and it's worse it's a neon. i dunno maybe i'm just a hater

i'll tell you whats wrong with it.

its a neon. those are the only words that need to be said. if you have ever seena neon after 2 yrs of use you nknow what i mean. they are cars that don't last. they're built with a bunch of plastic and stapled together. who cares if they have a cool motor. they should build the rest of the car to match that quality. either way just my two cents, its still a shitbox neon.

its 20 grand. It will smoke you. I still won't buy one, because it's a neon, and it will break and wear out. But for the price man - thats a hella fast compact - and so much torque.

Step 1: Get a neon
Step 2: Put a turbo on it
Step 3: Dammit!!!! It's still a neon!

you mean take the turbo, dual mufferless exhaust, wheels, big ass brakes, redone interior, intercooler, hood, kit, wing and other small things off it and its a regular ole neon? lol... my friend bought one a couple weeks ago from miami, it'll be here this week, i cant wait, good driver + srt4=13s stock! yummy, i dig it :)

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Mar 30 2003, 12:31 AM
yeah either the 6 or the rx8, but i've already promised myself an element.

ewh hell no

get the 6 over the element, wayyyy better

or get wild and get the rx8 over them all

no way dude the element is gonna be a sick ride. honda is putting the ivtec 2.4 motor in everything. it should have some decent support in a couple years and once i finish school thats when i'm gonna get it. i already drove one and they are disgustingly slow, but at the same time i just fits them. me and my girl will be flossin in our element in 2005.

Back