atkins sucks.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not to jack a thread, but....

So from a credible body builder? What would either of you suggest to me to get bigger?

Meaning 10 lbs of muscle. Nothing but muscle, I don't want fat, I got the 6pack now, and Ir eally don't want to lose it.

I'm already using my body weight in protein, but haven'st started a creatine cycle in the last 2 months. So suggestions are useful.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Nov 23 2004, 11:02 PM
Not to jack a thread, but....

So from a credible body builder? What would either of you suggest to me to get bigger?

Meaning 10 lbs of muscle. Nothing but muscle, I don't want fat, I got the 6pack now, and Ir eally don't want to lose it.

I'm already using my body weight in protein, but haven'st started a creatine cycle in the last 2 months. So suggestions are useful.
[post=421468]Quoted post[/post]​

10lbs of muscle? Zero fat? Impossible. To gain weight you have to eat excess calories but theres no way of eating the EXACT amount of calories to just put on muscle. Your best bet is doing what you dont want and eating a shitload of 'clean' food and protein to gain mass, but you're going to put on fat. Then slim down. Its called a bulk/cut cycle and thats what most bodybuilders do...people like Lee Priest look like fat fucking slobs during the off season.

Oh and if you didnt get the war between myself and Blanco, its EXTREMELY difficult to put on 10lbs of pure muscle mass even in 6months-1year.

I get this, but how would I go about putting on "muscle-weight" as clean as possible? I honestly think having to eat 8k a day for 2 months, while working out hardcore, then have to run 5 miles to get cut after that is kind of relentless, because I'll probably lose almost all that weight knowing my stupid luck.

I weigh 160, and it took forever to gain 5 lbs. I'm only 17, so I don't think my genetics are maxed or anything the like.

This is a lifestyle to me, so I stick to everything I start when it comes to this.

I was told by my high school's wrestling coach(my teacher), that my best bet for workouts would be the "Dvoraks Workout" that he uses on the wrestlers in the off season because it puts healthy mass, and you balloon easy on it. I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but are there any workouts like this, that you could or Blanco could point me in the direction of?

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Nov 24 2004, 01:37 AM
I get this, but how would I go about putting on "muscle-weight" as clean as possible? I honestly think having to eat 8k a day for 2 months, while working out hardcore, then have to run 5 miles to get cut after that is kind of relentless, because I'll probably lose almost all that weight knowing my stupid luck.

I weigh 160, and it took forever to gain 5 lbs. I'm only 17, so I don't think my genetics are maxed or anything the like.

This is a lifestyle to me, so I stick to everything I start when it comes to this.

I was told by my high school's wrestling coach(my teacher), that my best bet for workouts would be the "Dvoraks Workout" that he uses on the wrestlers in the off season because it puts healthy mass, and you balloon easy on it. I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but are there any workouts like this, that you could or Blanco could point me in the direction of?
[post=421574]Quoted post[/post]​

Putting on the mass is not going to be easy, but its proven that when you take in excess calories to gain weight that your strength increases along with it. Size does not necessarly mean strength but theres a strong correlation. So that also means when you cut back down you're going to lose some strength but if you do it as slowly and smart as possible you wont lose very much at all.

To put on the weight basically eat a lot of 'clean' food, not junk food, and take in a protein supplement (whey protein...possibly creatine if you want). Its a lot more involved than that and it revolves around figuring out your metabolism and how many calories you burn on average a day. Theres calculators for this sort of thing where you enter your weight, age, exercise level and it tells you about how many calories.
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/

Thats one that I googled real fast.

Also theres a million different workout routines that you could do and most are really no better than the other unless they werent well thought out. You can do Blanco's workout, I can give you mine, or I can point you in the direction of others.

Basically its a lot to explain and its 2 in the morning right now and I should get to sleep (remember eating, sleeping, and then training are the most important things...in that order)

If you're serious about it, do yourself a favor and read up at www.wannabebig.com. Sign up for the forums, read the newbie articles, do all that good stuff. If you want to order a supplement online, u can even order stuff off of there. Its a good place, the owner posts on the boards, they have some olympic class l ifters on there, some great people, etc., etc. Good luck with your quest. You can post there or here if you have any q's.

Back