auto b18b1 into eg mount help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i had a budy make it 4 me. i will ask em, but im in canada. so im not sure how 2 get it 2 ya. lol. rained 2day so pics 2maro

hye man, that's fine. i will pay shipping. any info on the ecu and did you have to use a tcu???

cant figure out how 2 get the pics on here. it tells me 2 post url. not sure hoow that works

pic 1 and 2 are of the mount(unfinished). still need to
cut out old bushing and urethane it in. pic 3 is before hammering
and pic 4 is after. just under the mount bracket.

2588.jpg

2589.jpg

2590.jpg

2591.jpg

Last edited:
jus checked my e-mail and it said there was an error. something about eclipsegurl@yahoo does not exist. so i resent and hopefuly it works

it did. the email was eclipsegurl96@yahoo.com pics are above. hopefully you can make me a mount to!!! the hammering is no big deal as i have sledge's i can "massage" that framerail with haha.

just finished and it started first try. no engine codes. runs great but shifting funny. maybe tcm but cant find it on the civic. only got the haynes for the tegy.

are you sure about this and is it cable shifted or with a tcm??

Are you asking me if the clutch is cable or hydraulically actuated? Auto trannies don't have a clutch.

Or are you referring to the kickdown cable on the throttle body? This controls your line pressure. Manual throttle bodies don't have a provision for the cable.

92-95 Civic and 92, 93 Integra auto trannies are partially electronically controlled. Yes they have a TCM. 94+ are fully electronic. If you put a fully electronic trans into a partially electronic generation car, and reuse the wiring and TCM, it wont shift.

You'll also have to cut / bend your frame rail to get the larger 94+ auto tranny to fit. Frame rails are structural to your car. If a safety inspector or your insurance company sees this, they'll salvage title your car.

92-95 Civic and 92, 93 Integra auto trannies are partially electronically controlled. Yes they have a TCM. 94+ are fully electronic. If you put a fully electronic trans into a partially electronic generation car, and reuse the wiring and TCM, it wont shift..[/QUOTE

so is there any way to just wire in the 94 tcm to the 93 eg? ive got the tegy wiring. or else i realy have to pull my motor again, buy and install a 92/3 trany?

Are you asking me if the clutch is cable or hydraulically actuated? Auto trannies don't have a clutch.

Or are you referring to the kickdown cable on the throttle body? This controls your line pressure. Manual throttle bodies don't have a provision for the cable.

92-95 Civic and 92, 93 Integra auto trannies are partially electronically controlled. Yes they have a TCM. 94+ are fully electronic. If you put a fully electronic trans into a partially electronic generation car, and reuse the wiring and TCM, it wont shift.

You'll also have to cut / bend your frame rail to get the larger 94+ auto tranny to fit. Frame rails are structural to your car. If a safety inspector or your insurance company sees this, they'll salvage title your car.

i was talking about the kickdown cable. and my wife's civic is a 95.

Just did this swap...

I just did this exact swap. Well, almost. I made a custom mount - don't have pics just now - and got it to fit. Trouble is, it's a 2000 teg so it's OBD2B, with the tcu integrated on board with the ecu. I am looking into a swap conversion harness solution... if I can't get one, I may swap the entire chassis harness over from the teg and call it a teg in a civic-suit.

By the way, cvacjohn, I have heard of people wiring in the tcu. There is a way, and it has been done. In my situation though, I am not so sure.

Thnx for the bit of confidence b18bcoupe. I had given up cause the wiring diagrams i got only have 7 of 30 sum odd wires. Diagram shows 7 and the haress has bout 30. i have been ridin round semi auto with jus 2nd n 3rd manualy shifted. Figured i would jus change the tranny. Thnx again n keep me posted, any info.

Good to hear you soldiering on! I had also almost given up. if there had been a standard donor integra up for sale I would have nabbed it... if I had the space in the driveway. I would also drive around semi-auto, but the car failed emissions so its not road legal until I get it fixed.
Anyway, I don't recall the other forum where I read about the guys that wired in their TCU, but I remember this one:

Wire me this! - Civic B20 engine swap with an auto transmission

scroll down to "TCM wiring." Maybe the guy may have info that is helpful for you.

Here is another option for you - I hope the writer does not mind me printing a personal email. PM me and I will let you know which company it is, if you like:

We can build a harness that plugs into your OBD1 ECU plugs and splits off to connect the OBD1 auto Integra ECU and TCM. It will have a few flying leads on it that will need to be ran all the way to the auto trans.

The cost for the harness would be $250 + shipping.

I have not taken the offer because my AT is so new (75,000 kms) and I don't want to swap in an older, high kms OBD1 tranny. Instead, I have gone crazy and started tearing the car apart to take out the entire chassis harness and replace it with the Integra chassis harness, and all the associated bits and pieces that the new ECU will need to make it run. This may take a year, but I am too stubborn to give up the investment in my beautiful polyurethane custom mount that I created.

Back