auto transmission problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mr.mugato

new and confused
Sorry noob here, I found a 2000 accord(automatic) on craigslist that i want to buy but it says the "TRANSMISSION IS STARTING TO GO OUT" does that mean i will have to replace the tranny or can it be repaired?

It would probably be cheaper to just replace it than have it rebuilt. One thing to consider though, if the car's only a 2000 model and the tranny is crapping out already the car was probably abused. I'd skip it and look for another one...

Then why is the transmission crapping out? Hondas aren't really known for blown transmissions around 100k miles...

And how does the fact that it only has 96k miles on it tell you that it hasn't been abused? A car could have 50k miles on it and the tranny could crap out on you if they drove it hard and didn't change the tranny fluid.

My mom drives a 99 EX sedan with lots more miles on it than this one has and that car has never had any transmission problems whatsoever...

well its auto, so i just assumed, but lets say they didn't change the tranny fluid for a while, how bad would that mess it up?

almost the same as not changin the oil, keep lookin dont settle for something thats questionable.

Back