automatic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stumpy32

can any one help me with converting a manaul esi to an auto i am having great trouble finding help please someone help:huh:

Why do you want to go from manual to automatic? Most people want to go the opposite way, that's probably why you can't find any information about it.

What you would do then is read the manual to auto conversion write-up backwards. Seriously. That's what you need to do. Find someone that converted to manual and buy all their left over parts. You're going to need the ECU, TCM, center console, tranny, tranny cable to throttle body, throttle body, shift linkage, tranny mount, pedal assemblies, and probably some more stuff.

It never makes sense to do a tranny conversion from a cost perspective. No matter how much you think you have invested in your car, unless the body is flawless with some expensive paint on it, you get much more for your money by simply buying an automatic car. It makes more sense to do a "chassis swap" than a tranny conversion. What I mean is buy an automatic car, swap all your parts between the two cars, and sell the stock manual car.

Back