AWD JDM hondas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i was lookin on ebay for a tranny for my del sol with and i saw a jdm d16 tranny that was headed AWD. i was curiouse so i took a look and read the article. then i emailed the guy questioning him about it cuz i've never heard of these. he replied saying that jdm civics and accords offered an awd option. how would that even work with a 1.6 liter sohc vtec anyway? i didn't think it would be possible for that small of an engine to be awd so i wanted to know your guys's opinions. heres the link to his ebay page. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7970822133

later

im not sure of the whole jdm cars portionof things but he def have awd civic wagins that are d15 or d16 powered right here in the states

Originally posted by driver1@Apr 28 2005, 06:35 PM
im not sure of the whole jdm cars portionof things but he def have awd civic wagins that are d15 or d16 powered right here in the states
[post=492792]Quoted post[/post]​

you think theres any possible way to convert my del sol to awd then? it might be sweet if they have b- series awd's over there in japan

You'd have to fabricate in the rear subframe from a JDM AWD model.

awd should be in quotes. its like a 90/10 split at best.

the extra weight won't even make up for the traction. so not worth it.

if you want to do something worthwhile, score a new TL's AWD system and start fabbing :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 28 2005, 10:14 PM
awd should be in quotes. its like a 90/10
if you want to do something worthwhile, score a new TL's AWD system and start fabbing
[post=492810]Quoted post[/post]​

i thought only RL had that?

hmmm, rl drivetrain in a TL, that would be sexy. i will have a TL for a DD someday, they are just sex. best looking car honda/acura has out now IMO.

i thought the new TL's were awd too? ohh well. RL then;. fuck.

whatever happened to calling a car a NAME

"accord" and "Civic" is the only one left. lol

I've always wanted to do an AWD EG hatch. It just isn't worth it.

After looking into it you'll realize that the costs of fabricating all the parts get up there. Then you have to find a suitable trans. D series, no 10% RWHP is worthless. B series is the same. Then what do you have? Nothing, unless you want to try and jam a whole RL engine and trans in there. You might as well just buy a Subbie or some Evo or something.Actually you's be more succesful mountinng an SR20DE-T in there and making it RWD.

Ok...I'm just rambling on.

i'm sure there must be a way to modify or lock the rear output to get more than 10%. what about that integra (i think) that honda tuning did a while back? didn't they use a crv transfer case and weld the clutch plates together? you have to think outside the box.

actually if you are referring to honda real time, it can be up to 50% split. also... ask him to supply the trans code...

Has anyone done the AWD conversion from the EF chassis wagon?

i looked into it but after hearing the 10% split i stoped searching. a few of the 1/2gen civic/rex sites have alot of good info on it.

actually if you are referring to honda real time, it can be up to 50% split
and how so? and with what tranny?

same here. I was really considering doing it. Then I researched and everywhere said that it had only 10% rwhp and I completely changed my mind. I would try to mount a SR20DEt longitudally and make it RWD before wasteing my money on some crappy transmission. Plus I highly doubt its going to handle 400 or so HP which would have been my goal.

Why the fuck don't people stop making AWD honda threads!!!!! Its retarded. Its a waste of money to convert, just buy a fucking subi if you want AWD goddamnit!!!!!

/rant

Wow... someone raggin a tad?

As far as the assumption that REAL TIME AWD is only 10 to the rear, you are wrong. It's up to 50%. So stop god damn saying that... /rant

Brian

Back