AWD JDM hondas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what this "up to" stuff. is that if the 70/30 split aint enough the computer says lets work a lil harder which would give you 50/50 but then once around the coner it drops back to what ever it was? is there a way to lock it in 50/50 all the time?

Its not computer controlled, its hydrolic. And its also not worth it because honda AWD trannies are weak as fuck.

its CRAP
not only is it CRAP
its a giant pile of CRAP with extra CRAP sprinkles on it
honda doesnt make AWD high performance vehicles (maybe you could count the TL or whatever but i wouldnt even count that)
im sure if you felt like wasteing enough money you might be able to tweek a honda AWD system till it doesnt suck enormous whale dick
but then you have a transmission that is weaker than a 90 year old arthritic bitches hip
so now you get to spend asswads of cash trying to make a stronger tranny that can handle an engine that puts out more than 130hp
its not worth it
in the end you have a honda that cost you more money than an RS4, that performs MAYBE half as well
"I want to do it to be original"
ive never seen anyone fuck a chicken, but i wouldnt do it to be original

but hey its not my money getting wasted on this dumb shit, so if you NEED to go out and build an AWD civic, have fun, dont get too upset when people with stock WRXs, that cost a fraction of what you just wasted, are ass raping you at the track, or where ever else your original ass tries to race

Thanks E. There aren't enough emoticons on the int4rnet to express my level of agreement with you. I was getting ready to type a response, then I saw yours. Case closed. :)

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 29 2005, 10:14 AM
I've always wanted to do an AWD EG hatch. It just isn't worth it.

After looking into it you'll realize that the costs of fabricating all the parts get up there. Then you have to find a suitable trans. D series, no 10% RWHP is worthless. B series is the same. Then what do you have? Nothing, unless you want to try and jam a whole RL engine and trans in there. You might as well just buy a Subbie or some Evo or something.Actually you's be more succesful mountinng an SR20DE-T in there and making it RWD.

Ok...I'm just rambling on.
[post=492934]Quoted post[/post]​

or you could do this. :p :p :p :ph34r: :ph34r: no honda would want to meet the few mirage's that have this type of ... stuff ...
adams cardomain page

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 29 2005, 08:44 AM
i thought the new TL's were awd too? ohh well. RL then;. fuck.

whatever happened to calling a car a NAME

"accord" and "Civic" is the only one left. lol
[post=492905]Quoted post[/post]​

nope, the TL is FWD. hard to believe huh? 270hp of understeering fury. its nice on the inside though.

the RL is hot. the Navigation is the coolest one out right now. push a little button, and say "find me the nearest chineese restauraunt" and it will give you a list of chineese places in order of which ones closest to you. then it asks you which one you want directions to. just say a number and boom. it can also look up trafic conditions in biger citys and re-route the nav so that it takes you on the roads with the least amount of traffic for the time of day that you are driving so you get to your destination as quick as possible. if you have a bluetooth phone it automatically picks it up once you get in the car, so all you have to do is say out loud the phone # you want to call, and it uses the stereo as your phone. its freakin cool, i highly recommend going to your local Acura dealership and playing around with one.

and the whole name thing, thats becuase apparently luxury cars arent allowed to have words in their name. Acura, Lexus, Infinity, Mercedes, BMW....... no real names for cars. the only exception to this rule is luxury SUVs, Escalade, Navigator, Cayenne. you get the picture

Back