1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jdm bytemee495

jdm bytemee495 New Member

Hey,
    Ok...I'm still relativly new to imports. I have a beautiful 95 civic ex w/ a jdm b16a, and what was told to me was a "jdm b16 tranny"...I know this is not the tranny. It was obviously meshed w/ a b16...but I don't know what the code it. In any case...here's my question...My axels are good for the moment. But I'm getting ready to pour in some more HP, and I want to go w/ some nice strong axels now, before I add the HP and just snap an axel somewhere...So what kind of axels (brand suggestions, size, etc) should I get? And what kind of tranny do I say they need to match? Hope you can help me! Thanks in advance

(jdm) bytemee495

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Does the transmission still have it's ID plate on it? You can find the code and possibly determine what transmission it is if it does...

3. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Raxles - Raxles Home sells custom stuff that's supposedly good. I haven't used their stuff but I've heard good things on the forums. I was suggested those w/ my b16 CRX.

4. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

I would have to say axles from the Del Sol Vtec, would work.

5. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

^ If you're looking for something stock, sure. I think they are all the same thing, though.

I'd recommend Raxles or Hasport. Either one.

6. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Right but he still needed to know what to order the axles for in the first place.

7. stedscivic

stedscivic Senior Member

Driveshaft Shop is where i got mine. 337hp to the wheels no problem launching. boot somehow got a hole in it called driveshaft shop explained situation, they are going to replace it even tho the one year warranty had expired. EXPENSIVE but worth the coin if you dont want to replace axles all the time. if you dont mind replacing just get autozone lifetime warranty ones

8. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Word, getting the autozone ones is a good thing to do if you want to go cheap. Just buy 2 of each and have an extra set on hand when you destroy one :lol:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted