axle issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

monzster

i have a 91 crx si with a jdm b16 with a ys1 lsd hydro 5 speed. i am trying to find out what axles go in this setup. i have been told 91 integra axles but that is not the case. the intermediate shaft on the drivers side has a male splined end on it that goes into a inner cv joint with a female splined end on it. the problem i am having (i believe it is the axles) is that when i go into a left curve i get a noise as if i am running on rumble strips. i also notice that when i have the car in the air and rotate the wheels forward the wheels turn right by them selves. i pulled the axles and the outer joint on the right side is very tight. i have only had the car on the road for about 2 weeks and the rumble is not as bad as when i first drove it but i would like to have it right. i am not getting any clicking noise with this and the axles appear to have been remaned or rebuilt. i dont know where they came from i purchased the whole deal as a kit from a guy who couldnt do the project. he says he bought them from a guy in canada but who knows. any help would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like your axles are jacked bro. Might just try and pull them, then reseat them.

Last i heard, the 90-93 integra axles were the right ones for a b16 crx swap.

just so you know a 5-speed half shaft is manditory.

Get a half shaft from a 90 integra also get axles from an integra 90-93. Sounds like its a b16 for a obd1 car?? or maybe the tranny is hydro?? You sure you know what you have?? obd0, obd1??? cable, hydro??

Back