Axle poping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a prelude with a h22. my driver side axle is poping when i turn, i jacked my car up and the cv boot i cracked who hard is it to replace and where can i buy remanufactured axles thank you. and is it worth repalceing both at the same time.

it will take you a while to change it.....autozone has axles with a lifetime warrentee...search function is your freind...

i just did mine 2 months ago. it was very easy. i think the hub nut it should be 22mm or 23mm you can rent that from auto zone. And if you buy the axle from autozone bring the old one back and you get a core charge. :D . for some reason mine is still making nosie down there i think it just my control arm though. <_<

I recentlybought autozone axles and they are already clickng again 3 months later. They suck but the lifetime gurantee is good if the boot isnt ripped. It is a 32mm socket btw. I woudl replace both if the other one is getting shot since you already have the tools out, car jacked up and the tranny drained.

Originally posted by mwvnos@Dec 24 2003, 11:26 AM
it will take you a while to change it.....autozone has axles with a lifetime warrentee...search function is your freind...

it doesnt take that long to change at all...autozone blows..go to NAPA for good axles, they also take cores back

Originally posted by Jeef@Dec 24 2003, 04:30 PM
It is a 32mm socket btw.

On civics, integras and CRX's it is, but on accords, I am pretty sure that it is a 34mm. The prelude is probally the same

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Dec 24 2003, 02:28 PM
it doesnt take that long to change at all...autozone blows..go to NAPA for good axles, they also take cores back

NAPA has by far the best axles I've experienced so far. As mentioned above, stay far away from Autozone axles.

And no, it won't take you long at all, and yes, the Accords and Preludes use a 34mm (MIGHT be 32) socket. Make sure you have a quality (not Husky) breaker bar and lots of WD-40. Some anti-sieze compound will also help if you plan on changing the axle again in the future.

I think the first time I changed one it took me 1 1/2 hours. That was sitting in wet rocks, with basic hand tools. You could easily cut that time in half, or even less. NAPA axle is still holding, and I beat the fuck out of them.

Back