Azureus sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

this damn thing was working fine for the last year or so that i've been using it, now all of a sudden i can't fix this stupid ass NAT error. does anyone know of another program that is comparable to azureus? too pissed right now to sit here and look on the web for one, so any help would be cool.

wrong forum sorry. move if you want

NAT problems are related to firewalls and port. EVERY bt client you will install will have the same problems.

port forward your router or firewall on ports 6881-6889 for both tcp and udp

This post belongs in our Computers, Games, Electronics etc Forum. Please look for your post there.

:moved:

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

Quoted post[/post]]
NAT problems are related to firewalls and port. EVERY bt client you will install will have the same problems.

port forward your router or firewall on ports 6881-6889 for both tcp and udp
yea i don't have access to the router, so i have to wait for my roommate to get home next week from work. he does networking and crap so i am sure he would know what to do. this 30kbps shit is getting old when i am trying to DL dvds, so i was trying to find something to use until the problem can be solved.

I've been having problems too. But I'm connected and in the green, just slow DL speeds for whatever reason.

Quoted post[/post]]
For some reason Azureus recommends NOT using 6881-6999.

Read the NAT wiki and it will explain it.

they recommend this because some ISP's limit the speed on these ports because of BT running on it.

fact is, BT runs on these ports, so they still need to be port-forwarded.

it all depends on the tracker... what port its set up to run at.

I just started using uTorrent and it works really well. Its a faster program than Azureus (not in downloading, just in opperation, startup etc.)

okay i've forwarded the ports on the router, and opened the port in the network settings in windows and it still is not working properly. anyone got any other ideas. i read the two faq's that B put up in another thread on azureus, and that didn't work either. I really need my autoCAD on here and its taking forever to get 2006 downloaded. if anyones got other ideas let me know.

just because its not in java doesn't make it smaller.

there's plenty of C++ and VB programs that take up much more space than a java app would.

Back