B 18c engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stille Nacht

I wanna put a B18c in my 96 civic hatch. The only thing im not sure about is if i should use the Spec R or the GSR motor. And if i use the Spec R, should i go with a 96spec or 98spec?

well depends on what u plan on doing. Type R is better at N/A imo and then the GSR is a madly insane motor to turbo... all a matter of your goals and money, for the price of a type R u can get a GSR and almost a full turbo kit.... again just my opion... look in the swap articels section it is the goddess to hondaswap

That im not postive of, u can always just buy the GSR motor and then go get another B series with the LSD if ya want it

You can order jdm b18c-gsr swaps with a factory lsd from places like hmotorsonline. They are rare, but it's very much worth it.

Ok. With the GSR, does it still come with the lsd tranny, or is it just a regular hydrolic tranny?

That will depend on which GS-R engine and tranny combo that you buy. The US-spec ones are non-LSD. Some of the JDM-spec ones do have LSD. If you want one with LSD, then follow this advice:

You can order jdm b18c-gsr swaps with a factory lsd from places like hmotorsonline. They are rare, but it's very much worth it.

How muh horsepower can the GSR stock block with forged rods and pistons handle for everyday driving? I have read 450 on stock block with forged rods and pistons without having to sleeve it.

You should also think about if it is gonna be your dd or your toy.... If you will be putting alot of miles on the motor, then I would recommend the R with an s80 lsd... but if you want a rocket, then go GSR and turbo it.... either way though, I would recommend getting the lsd tranny. I drive a 96 ex coupe with a genuine B18C and the lsd S80 is amazing!! However it also ran the previous owner a lil over 5 g's for the swap after everything was said and done.
But all in all its about preference, What do you want to do with the motor? How many miles daily will the motor see? And the biggest one, how much are you planning on spending?!

Sorry to bring this back up, but im confused?

I've been looking at a bunch of gsr motors, and the only ones i find either say it is obd-1 or just say its a 94-97 gsr block.

Did they only make these obd-1 or is there an obd-2 block? And if there is, what do i need to look for other than it stating it is an obd-2 block?

Sorry to bring this back up, but im confused?

I've been looking at a bunch of gsr motors, and the only ones i find either say it is obd-1 or just say its a 94-97 gsr block.

Did they only make these obd-1 or is there an obd-2 block? And if there is, what do i need to look for other than it stating it is an obd-2 block?

94-95 is OBD1. 96+ is OBD2...

Back