b series engine question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Allmotorb18a

Im sure someone has a post asking this already, but i couldn't find it.. My car is rev'n out at 3500 rpm's. I changed spark plugs checked wires, put new valve cover gasket in ( oil was in couple of my plugs ) figured that was the problem, but still having same problem.. Any idea's?

ok hmm. check the msd. not really needed for a non heavy modded car. but check that. and im assuming it is a integra car and not another car. check ecu to. is it chipped or what.

not chipped.. most mod's were just done, gettin ready install turbo soon hopefully sick of it sittin in my bedroom. Ill check those see what happens. Ive been hearin either ecu or dizzy

Thanks a bunch, late now gotta get some sleep for work tomorow, ill go out check what you said and let you know outcome.

if you're in limp mode then its very likely your check engine light is on.. if it is, read the codes and figure out what the problem is. if your da is 90-91 and obd0 then you need only view the flasing led in the center of the ecu. if your car is a 92-93 and obd1 then you will need to jump the service connector together that i believe is near the bottom righthand side of the glovebox. this will cause the cel on the gauge cluster to blink out the codes for you.

yep now that i read that i completely blanked on limp mode check that first. my bad .

want to go b seriesss

im trying to go b seires for my stock d16y8 im wondering if all the connectors
will fit on to a b16b type r im trying to put it in a 96 civic ex can someone help me out:confused:

Back