B series swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

El Capitan

Ok i've been doing my research and i have a question, i have a 97 cx hatch, and i plan on doing a jdm B swap, gsr, itr, once i save up the money, and i hear alot of people talking about the swap getting an EX harness to use, well if i get the complete swap ,from Hmotor, they say the engine harness and ECU come with it so should it just hook up once i take out the old D series ECU, and the car shell isn't JDM, and the engine is but that shouldn't be a problem due to LHD and RHD difference should it?

thanks in advance
you guys are awesome :worthy:

Ok i was looking at what hasport has their custom made harness', but none for a 97 cx to b series, is there another company out there that would make this harness?

If i'm not mistaken the jdm harness will work, but you have to extend alot of the wires. It would be easier using your cx harness and adding the wires you need for vtec, and 4 wire O2 sensor or just buying a EX or SI harness. I was lucky enough that my 93 CX came with a 4 wire o2 from factory so all I have to do is add wires for vtec. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by El Capitan@Aug 23 2005, 05:35 PM
Ok i was looking at what hasport has their custom made harness', but none for a 97 cx to b series, is there another company out there that would make this harness?
[post=544184]Quoted post[/post]​

Locash Racing Website

Email this guy directly. His name is Joe, and he can make any type of harness you want. It's usually cheaper if you send him your harness from your car and he will add the wires needed for the swap. Great guy, and he's also a sales manager at hasport.

Originally posted by El Capitan@Aug 23 2005, 02:42 AM
Ok i've been doing my research and i have a question, i have a 97 cx hatch, and i plan on doing a jdm B swap, gsr, itr, once i save up the money, and i hear alot of people talking about the swap getting an EX harness to use, well if i get the complete swap ,from Hmotor, they say the engine harness and ECU come with it so should it just hook up once i take out the old D series ECU, and the car shell isn't JDM, and the engine is but that shouldn't be a problem due to LHD and RHD difference should it?

thanks in advance
you guys are awesome :worthy:
[post=543823]Quoted post[/post]​

lhd and rhd harnesses are not interchangeable. you can either use the ex harness and only have to wire from the ecu to the shock tower, (off of the conversion harness i might add), or just buy the conversion harness from any reputable company; boomslang, hasport, and locash to name a few, and then modify your oe cx harness for the rest. its up to you, the only difference between your choices is a couple of hours work or a couple of hundred bucks :thumbsup:

Back