B16 A Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

infintysquared

Hello everyone. I wanted to start a thread that I will keep updated on my swap. I am waiting on the last bit of parts to arrive so I can start my swap. I have a 1998 DX Coupe and I am taking the D16 out and replacing it with a B16A2 with LSD transmission. I will post pics when I get started. I am waiting on my axles, rear motor mount bracket, OBD2 to OBD1 adapter and an intake. Once they get here I will get started.
If any body has any advice for me I am all ears!

:)

Just incase you didn't research which I'm sure you did....gotta wire up vtec and something about the o2 sensor and possibly knock. I'd like it if you could post pics with details about the wiring :D.

Hey fellas

I've got a 2000 civic ex coupe that I put a JDM OBD1 B16A (2) SiR-II motor (w/ LSD tranny).

I'm assuming the motor your putting in is the JDM 5G B16. But either way, I've done OBD2 -> OBD1 so if you come up with any questions, electrical things are my strong point. I've got a thread goin right now in another part of the forum where I'm rewiring my engine harness. Honestly, it's not that hard to figure out yourself with this link: https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/ecu-pinouts-28667/

Just use the OBD1, OBD2a, OBD2b pinout comparison chart and the OBD2x ecu pin out chart picture at the bottom of the page. Even with the wiring harness, you may have to rewire a few sensors. IAT, IACV, o2, just to name a few. When you get stuck, ask me! lol.

g'luck!

Thanks for the reminder 93civicracer. I did do research and I appreciate you keeping me on my toes! I will post pics of the entire swap, I am still waiting on my parts to get here and according to UPS they should be here today!

I will definately keep you in mind YBLEGAL when I go to do the wiring. You are right though, even though I have the full harness with the engine I will still have to do some rewiring. How do you like your B16 in your car?

Back