b16 boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tloc

i hae a 1988 crx hf with a b16 and was wondering what type of boost to run.. i plan on getting forged interanls so i can boost higher and push more hp.. i heard that making ur own is cheaper but was wonderin if someone could give me a good site to look at to but all the parts. Also i was wondering if the rev hard stage II kit was worth while to put on my crx and how much hp i would expect. Can anyone help me?

What type of boost? If you are asking whether to run a supercharger or turbocharger, id say turbo, but everyone has their own opinion. Most people that have experience with push a stock internal b16 to the limit will say that 300 whp is about the safe limit for how much power you should shoot for. Build your kit up to make around that much horsepower. There is no exact number for how much psi you should run, as there are different sized turbochargers, and all of them push different amounts of air. I'd stay away from most kits, because you could easily build your own new kit with much better quality parts for about the same price, or maybe a little less.

your question is too vague for anyone to answer.

That's like asking "what should i eat for dinner". Ultimately, no matter what you tell me, i'm still going to eat what I think tastes good.

do some reading, get stuck, ask a specific question about something. :)

yeah we need to have a lot more info to help. what kind of power goals, what kind of budget, whats your technical knowledge...stuff like that.

I was looking to get about 300-350 hp and have a basic knowledge and understang of cars and turbos and have friends that are very knoledegeable about this i just like to try multiple sources to make sure what im being told is the same. I was wondering what type of turbo and the specific sizes, like the A;/R ratio, Trimm, and everything else... i was looking to spend around 2-3 g's if it takes that much.. and that for the whole kit.

iz this more specific can u guys help me now

yeah, i can be more specific. you don't really need 300 hp in a crx. it's overkill. learn to be a better driver first. if you want a good turbo, get a used t25. get an FMIC and fuel management. you dont' need a whole lot of power. if you have never been in a 300 hp car, try it. you will see it's a hell of a lot of power.

ok i have been in a 300 hp power car before... actually ive been in a lot of 300+ hp cars.... im was thinking of running a t3/t4 with a b16 and trying to actually get around the 300-350 range i already know how much hp it iz and how quick they are... but thx for the input ... but what i dont know iz how fast (1/4 mile wise) a 300+ crx would run i know it would vary on tuning but about average.

Last edited:
a 300-350 whp crx assuming is wasnt riced out with subs ect, should go at least low 12s if not 11s assuming your a descent driver and on slicks 22 inches or bigger

Back