b16 first gen

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HackaX0rus

Landis HO!!!
I work at a local reputable honda shop in Cali. and my boss has this pos first gen crx he is lookin to get rid of and i have some money and want a crx. Asking around i couldnt get a clear answer on exactally how much work and money it would take to throw a b16 in there. The crx isnt SI so its a carb d16. I know i will have to rewire it that isnt a problem. but will the engine fit and if so will i also need new motor mounts and other goodies.

yeah it'll fit.....the mounts are expensive ($600 for hasport)

you'll need the mounts, motor, tranny, ecu, an 85-87 Si or 86-89 Integra harness and a B16 harness (then send it out the Hasport or someone to be put together), custom axles or you have to use 86-89 Integra spindles, new fuel pump and some other crap I'm sure I'm forgetting

Last edited:
fun, i am sure i can find most of that lying around the shop...however i dont know if i wanna drop that kind of time into a crappy crx. i will consider buying a nicer one and doing the swap.

You'll also need a new tank and stuff for the EFI because it is a pressurized system

You Also Need The 85-89 Integra Shift Linkage And You Also Need The Hasport Mounts($599.20) Because With Then Integra Ones The Motor Sets Up To High You Will Need To Run The 85-89 Nuckles And Huds The Axles Are Shorter And Hasport($349.99) Also Makes Thes I Was Lookin In To This Swap But Im Doin A D16a1 Dohc Out Of A 88-89 Integra

Crx

I Have A 89 Crx-si For Sale
Already Has 1st Gen B16/aem Fuel Rail & Fuel Reg/
Ysi Lsd Trans/act-stage 3 Clutch/act Light Weight Alum Flywheel/dc Headers/comp Remapped Ecu No Rev Limiter, No Top Speed,spoon Prog/2 New Falcon Azinas Street Slicks On Front/15"rims/full Body Kit, Front & Wings West Mugan Style/r-1 Adj Springs/tokico Struts/2 1/4 " Piping From Headers Back To Stock Muffler/polyeurathane Racing Mounts (not Inserts)
Interior Gutted- Only Has Dash, Needs Axle
If Interested Make Me An Offer

hey, on hmotorsonline.com, they have a complete changeover kit, it gives you just about everything you need for the swap, including the axles, hubs, mounts and shift linkage at about 50% off all from HASport. so if your gonna do a swap i recommend from there, you will save money, but you will still need to swap a few other things as well for the carbed to fi swap... hope it goes well, im in the process of doing the same thing, i have an Si though

yeh thats basicaly what i have, except my swap is still gonna be complicated, cause im doing a b20/VTEC in mine, it STARTS in a FEW WEEKS!!!

Back