B16 Goin nuts, WTF!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

screwmesa

Drivin her down the road, hit a nasty bumb then all of a sudden timing is way fucked up?!? exhaust cam is knocking like nuts and the car dies if the accelerator is taken off....what the hell happened? I took the valve cover off and every thing looks beautiful, nothing broken. Did my timing just adjust itself or what?

Did you check the timing belt? and why the hell is this in the EF swap forum?

Why the hell wouldn't it be in the EF swap forum? I am assuming he has a b16a in his CRX, so that pertains to this forum. Any way, it sounds like you knocked the timing belt off a couple of teeth, like the other guy said , I would check your cam timing.

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Dec 25 2003, 07:44 PM
Why the hell wouldn't it be in the EF swap forum? I am assuming he has a b16a in his CRX, so that pertains to this forum. Any way, it sounds like you knocked the timing belt off a couple of teeth, like the other guy said , I would check your cam timing.

because he's not asking about swapping it into an EF. he's asking about trouble shooting on a B16...which if i'm not mistaken would fall under the category of General tech and Maintenance.

And I said check the belt itself, to make sure teeth aren't missing, not just the timing.

problem with a swap in a ef, thus ef swap talk....anyhow, theres a few white marks on the timing belt, no teeth missing and the tdc marks seem to line up on the cam gears, i need to get a hold of a timing gun and i can go from there, gonna go ahead and replace the timing belt.

it could be the distributor too. make sure all four plug wires are firing. i had a distributor go out and it was only firing half of my motor. i had to drive like grandma all the way home. i mean if all of your timing marks line up then you should be ok as far as the cam and crank being in time.

id have to go with the timeing belt skipping a couple notches also, but a second thought, is it throwing any codes? i know i have hit bumps and knocked senors off before. . .

Back