b16 going back to LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b164gen

i have a 90 civic hatch si with a b16 and i wanna go back to a boosted LS is it gonna be plug and play and will i have to modify the harness again....VTEC is a pain in my ass....

Well I know all you have to do when going from a EF si harness to B16 is just wire in the VTec stuff and 2nd o2 sensor. Well for one B18's LS's don't have knock sensor if I'm right so thats one thing you'll have to take out. You may just have to remove all the VTec and Knock sensor stuff and be done. Who made your VTec adapter harness ? IF a company like HASport did you'll have to send the harness back since they tie the wires into your old harness. If you're like me and made your own harness as a secondary harness it'll be easy to remove all that stuff. Just find out what you have to do to go from a D16a6 to a LS and find out what from the B16 will have to stay. It really should just be remoing stuff not adding stuff if I'm right.

Back