b16 head onto zc block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"ZC" is just the designation that Honda stamps onto it's "best of" blocks in the D series line. That's all. There are quite a few different variants of the ZC engine- but they are ALL D series engines.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 18 2004, 03:54 PM
"ZC" is just the designation that Honda stamps onto it's "best of" blocks in the D series line. That's all. There are quite a few different variants of the ZC engine- but they are ALL D series engines.

if it's true, it's clear enough then, but if I'm not mistaken, JDM doesn't recognize the sohc D-series as ZC

the only ZC version of the D-series is the one which stamped ZC on the block, that's why they call em ZC

dxzc.jpg

Originally posted by soulfly+Feb 19 2004, 03:58 AM-->
@Feb 18 2004, 03:54 PM
"ZC" is just the designation that Honda stamps onto it's "best of" blocks in the D series line.  That's all.  There are quite a few different variants of the ZC engine- but they are ALL D series engines.

if it's true, it's clear enough then, but if I'm not mistaken, JDM doesn't recognize the sohc D-series as ZC

the only ZC version of the D-series is the one which stamped ZC on the block, that's why they call em ZC

Dude, what the hell are you trying to say? You aren't making any sense, I mean really, what is this?,

"the only ZC version of the D-series is the one which stamped ZC on the block, that's why they call em ZC"

What the hell is that? What are you trying to communicate to us?

They call it a ZC because it's the "cream of the crop" for that series of D blocks.... that's why. What the heck are you saying with "JDM doesn't recognize the sohc D-series as ZC"? My CRX HAS a real genuine SOHC ZC in it. It's exactly the same as a USDM D16A6 except for the cam and a little spot on the back of the head for the offset lobe on the cam to drive something for a carbureter... same pistons, same rods, same head casting, almost identical specs on the camshaft- and it's not a D series engine?

What the heck are you saying?!

hey guys i dont know if this is off topic or anything but i was wondering if i had a 90 integra ls and i wanted to swap a sohc ZC longblock into it is it possible to use the ls tranny or do i need a zc tranny or a d-series. please, any info would help and if you can tell me what other parts i would need it'll be great.

lemme help you... :no:

does an 6 pointed object fit into a 3 pointed objects hole? NO. so therefore the ZC block will not bolt to a B series tranny becuase the ZC is more or less a D series engine.

Wire it up for VTEC and drop the engine in.

Spoda- the DOHC ZC IS a D series engine.. not "more or less" a D series engine.

Lets put an end to this

Sohc ZC- d16a6 with a little bit more powerful cam

Dohc ZC- d16a1 with a little bit more powerful cams, and slightly different tranny bolt pattern, and front motor mount location

Though they are SLIGHTLY different all the internals ARE of the D-series family, Calesta is right ZC simply means "best of the D-series family"

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 19 2004, 01:50 PM

ok let me clear things up

from JDM resources i've found was, ZC is definitely a D-series, sorry for my earlier statement.

but not all D-series are ZC

because the ZC has the word 'ZC' on the engine block, I'll try get a pic of it.

please don't be mad :p

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 19 2004, 01:50 PM

I dont know what I was thinking, I knew this, but worded my statement wrong, thanks Calesta. Oh do you still won't the front suspension of my White Integra?

soulfly- Yes you are correct. :) Don't worry about a picture- I already have pics of my ZC block (SOHC and DOHC) up on my web site.

Spoda- No.... the CRX is halfway parted out already. It doesn't drive, so I don't need the front suspension. I hope you weren't saving it just for me...

Back