b16 in a 94

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speed1100blue

i was wondering what i would need to do to put a b16a1 into my 94 civic i know that the cable tranny will need a mount and conversion but will the motor bolt up fine, and what about the obd0 stuff. what all would i have to do to put this engine in my car as far as electrical

ok i have found an article on here about how it is possible to do this. by first using a hydro tranny not a cable tranny to avoid the mount problem. But here i guess is the real qustion. I have a d16z6. so what i would do is chip my ecu(b/c it is a p28) then swap out a obd1 dizzy and i should be good correct me if i am wrong. so i basicly use my factory d16 harness or what thats my question.

yeah, you're on the right track. get a hydro tranny like you said. chip your p28 with a stock obd1 b16 chip... the .bin can be found at pgmfi.org. and you'll need an obd1 b-series vtec distributor. and yes, your stock engine harness will work fine. pretty simple swap.

Quoted post[/post]]
ok i have found an article on here about how it is possible to do this. by first using a hydro tranny not a cable tranny to avoid the mount problem. But here i guess is the real qustion. I have a d16z6. so what i would do is chip my ecu(b/c it is a p28) then swap out a obd1 dizzy and i should be good correct me if i am wrong. so i basicly use my factory d16 harness or what thats my question.

Just use the dizzy on the new motor if it comes with it. Your ECU is OBD1, the B16A 2nd generation (92-95 SiR II) is also OBD1. So you should be fine. Yes, you will use the harness from your existing engine if I'm not mistaken. I did, but my 93 is a DX, so I don't know if there is any difference.

Back