b16 into 89 DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
OK, dropped a b16a into my 89 DX hatch...

Wired everything up according to the Hasport/SCC article. Tested all the wires at the plugs and at the ECU with a multimeter. Everything’s wired up right.

Instead of using a resistor box, I wired all of the constant + injector wires to the main injector power wire (yel/blk on driver's strut tower).

The car turns over, but will not start. Fuel pump is brand new, and it is getting fuel. When I turn the key over, the main relay buzzes for about 3 seconds.

Any ideas?

edit: And don't give me three pages of 'sell it and get a tricycle' or 'leave it the fuck alone'. I'm asking for help, fucking help me already.

I had the same problem and my timing was off and also check your engine coolant temperature sensor. It causes the engine not to start because it doesnt sense the right operating temperature. Just a few suggestions. I know when i was searching for my problems i found like 15 threads on the same problem...check'em out.

wired resistor box in...nothing.

throws code 4 for CKP...

switched the CKP wires, nothing changed.

im thinkin about buying an si harnes and plugging it in without vtec or anything, and un-doing the ecu wiring i did, and seein if it cranks. i swear an si harness will plug in...ALL the wires are there at the ecu... 4 injectors, CKP.... theres a wrecked 91 si in the scrapyard

...that i can snag a harness from for pretty cheap...

the other option is to tow it 4 hours to intercrew and pay $350 and get it running guaranteed...but what's the fun in that

Back