b16 into 91 hatch swap now fuel pump doesnt work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tuppscivic

My friend swaped a obd0 b16 motor into his 91 dx hatch. He wired the motor up with directions off the internet for duel port to multi port injection, but it doesnt start. The fuel pump will not turn on with ignition. We checked the main relay, and all of the grounds. I am running out of ideas. The ecu throws the zero code in his car, but when we checked it in crx with a b16 it worked fine. What could be other reasons that the pump will not turn on. The fuel pump was working before he did the swap, so i dont think the pump is bad. thanks for your help.

Any suggestions on what part of the wiring would cause the fuel pump not to work. If I remember right the underdash wiring has to deal with control of the fuel pump. He said that he did not touch anything under the dash. does the underdash wiring have to be rewired in the older models for this swap? The only fuel wires that were changed were the two to four injector wires. I think he said one wire to the resistor pack, and four returns. one from each injector.

Quoted post[/post]]
Try to ground the main relay to see if the fuel pump cuts on.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Try to ground the main relay to see if the fuel pump cuts on.

I am having the same problem (no fuel pump)swapping a B16A into my 91 Integra(OBD0). I am going out now to double check wiring/ ground. To add to the probs, I started w/ an OBD1 motor. I swapped on an OBD0 VTEC dist., ECU, used my OBD0 injectors. I have not swapped in the OBD- VTEC ECU yet. should I? Engine seller said engine woud run w/ stock ECU, just no VTEC. Also, where do I hook up oil pressure sender?Stock B18 harness has connector by oil filter. Do I extend this to head by VTEC sensor? I thought this was separate, but cannot see any other oil pressure sensor on B16...

Back