b16 issuse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Popn'Vtec

I just picked up a crx with a b16 in it. i need to know what distributor i should be using and what ecu should i be running?? there just seems to be hesitation when i lay the pedal down-please help

Wats up bro,
Well first of all is your vtech kickin in and is the car studderin when you floor it Because I just had that happen to me. When my vtech kicked in, it would studder. My vtech solenoid was goin bad. but If the distributor is messed up. Personally i would replace it with the factory distributor unless you have a fully built engine. and with the ecu make sure your ecu isnt messed up. Some mechanics could check that out for you or a performance shop. If it is your ecu, go with a stock ecu if you arent going to fully build the engine but if you are goin to race it all out spend the extra money and buy a new ecu and chip it with the hondata s300. Thats my personal favorite I have never had a problem with that chip. Let me know whats goin on.

Hey, i was lookin under the hood trying to figure out what it was and gathering numbers and i found out that the guy i bought it from installed a TD-02u distributor and that is off of the SI crx and I need the TD-22U off the jdm b16. so that might be the problem.. Thanks for the info-- How Much could i pick up that s300 for?

well i got my p28 installed with the hondata s300 for 650. its worth everypenny. I connect my laptop to the ecu while the car is on and i can adjust anything.

Back