1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 issuse

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Popn'Vtec, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Popn'Vtec

Popn'Vtec New Member

I just picked up a crx with a b16 in it. i need to know what distributor i should be using and what ecu should i be running?? there just seems to be hesitation when i lay the pedal down-please help

2. importdj

importdj Import DJ

Wats up bro,
    Well first of all is your vtech kickin in and is the car studderin when you floor it Because I just had that happen to me. When my vtech kicked in, it would studder. My vtech solenoid was goin bad. but If the distributor is messed up. Personally i would replace it with the factory distributor unless you have a fully built engine. and with the ecu make sure your ecu isnt messed up. Some mechanics could check that out for you or a performance shop. If it is your ecu, go with a stock ecu if you arent going to fully build the engine but if you are goin to race it all out spend the extra money and buy a new ecu and chip it with the hondata s300. Thats my personal favorite I have never had a problem with that chip. Let me know whats goin on.

3. Popn'Vtec

Popn'Vtec New Member

Hey, i was lookin under the hood trying to figure out what it was and gathering numbers and i found out that the guy i bought it from installed a TD-02u distributor and that is off of the SI crx and I need the TD-22U off the jdm b16. so that might be the problem.. Thanks for the info-- How Much could i pick up that s300 for?

4. importdj

importdj Import DJ

well i got my p28 installed with the hondata s300 for 650. its worth everypenny. I connect my laptop to the ecu while the car is on and i can adjust anything.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted