b16 not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vdubber

aight, heres what happened. we hooked up all the power lines, fule lines, vacum lines and pluged in the old dx ecu to test it out. My old dx ecu works, but here is where things went wrong. All the grounds are hooked up by the way. We put the battery in and i turned the key. I got all my gageface lights, and headlights to come on. Then i pushed in the clutch. All good so far. Then I turned the key all the way and my freind said he heard one loud click from the starter motor. Then everything went black. I thought i saw a flash just before everything went out though. Now we cant get battery power to anything and no turning over of the starter. One Loud click then a flash then black now no power what could have gone wrong and what should i look to replace. plz help

Your DX ECU is for ONE two injectors.. the B16a has 4... Did you wire up the engine? Did you swap the wires around on the ECU that are needed to run the b16a properly? There's a pretty healthy amount of wiring work to be done on a DX to work with a b16a...

Yep sounds like you blew out a fuse. Did you do the dual to multi point conversion correctly??

If you lost ALL power then you most likely Blew the Main Fuse check the connectors and wires on the starter b/c nothing happened until you went to engauge the starter.

I dont know, but you could probably use the correct ECU.... just a suggestion...

Back