B16 Swap General Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fardoche

Hello,

I'm doing a B16 Sir1 swap into a 91 Si hatch and have a couple questions before starting the project.
I received the B16 yesterday, with Sir axles and shift linkages. I know the axles will work, what about the shift linkages? Since its JDM will it be reversed?
The B16 is supposed to be 1st gen (milky white connectors, 2 O2 sensors, different intake manifold), but I found a grey connector on the back of tranny just above axles? is this normal?
Also noticed black RTV sealant around tranny case and on distributor side of engine cover. Sign of something?
B16 also came with LSD, I checked the axles holes and could see right through - normal, right?
Thanks for any information,

You need mounts, try HAsport. You will need to modify the shiftlinkage, or get a pre modified linkage. The sealant could be that they put a LSD tranny on it, and yes that is an LSD tranny. No the motor isn't reversed, just the wiring harness, other than that everything else is the same. The one plug, who knows. is the tranny cable? Should be a Y1 or YS1.

Yep, tranny is a Y1, but I don't see LSD on it, that's why I made sure I could see through it. One weird thing I found is that the tranny serial # (on a gold sticker) had the end cut off.
I know the motor is not reversed, but if the shifter is the same it means that when you drive in JP 5th and Rev are on driver's side?

Originally posted by fardoche@Jun 20 2003, 10:17 PM
but if the shifter is the same it means that when you drive in JP 5th and Rev are on driver's side?

Yip :D

HI all my name is Kirk I am in the Cayman Islands and is in need of major help with a SWAP.I have a B16A motor and all it's wires,ecu shift linkage,5 speed tranny from my 1991 civic hatch back EF9,i recently buy a 1990 CRX Ed the motor that come with a D16A9 DOCH 1600cc non -vtech.Should take the CRX dash out and replace it with the wiring harness from the 1991 civic hatch ?Also what about the engine mounts?
I really need some real good help

There are several gray connectors on the OBD0 SiR engine. As long as the Distributor connectors are white, you're set.

Originally posted by TURBO-CRX2.0L@Jun 20 2003, 10:52 PM
HI all my name is Kirk I am in the Cayman Islands and is in need of major help with a SWAP.I have a B16A motor and all it's wires,ecu shift linkage,5 speed tranny from my 1991 civic hatch back EF9,i recently buy a 1990 CRX Ed the motor that come with a D16A9 DOCH 1600cc non -vtech.Should take the CRX dash out and replace it with the wiring harness from the 1991 civic hatch ?Also what about the engine mounts?
I really need some real good help

:newbie: STOP JACKING THE FUCKIN THREAD BITCH! :bash:

civic_types Posted on Mar 1 2004, 10:28 AM
How do you guys know its LSD?

Because he can see through the tranny. If it was non- LSD there would be a bar going across.

Back