b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 5 2004, 04:21 PM-->
pills_PMD
@Nov 5 2004, 08:45 AM
i hope we're talking at the crank cal, i wasted a shit ton of money on my b16 and it never saw higher than 162 whp. and that had an ITR TB, CTR cams, cam gears, hondata, ITR intake manifold, aem cai, shitty dc header and thermal exhaust
[post=412460]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you go inside? If you're not going to go inside the engine, then 200hp at the crank is probably about as high as you can go. 200whp can be done with higher compression, port work, good tuning and some luck. :)
[post=412795]Quoted post[/post]​

havent gone inside it, im still thinking about it. i dont want to sacrifice reliability and still keep smog legal.but i do want that baby to have some kick!!! <_<

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Nov 5 2004, 12:32 AM
not practical as well as not possible. cheaper to go inside or strap up a turbo. gotta ask though, why dont you wanna turbo it or mess with the internals.
[post=412435]Quoted post[/post]​

i want to keep it reliable and smog legal, but what do u suggest if i go inside? :huh:

Originally posted by gooose45@Nov 6 2004, 06:53 AM
havent gone inside it, im still thinking about it. i dont want to sacrifice reliability and still keep smog legal.but i do want that baby to have some kick!!! <_<
[post=413032]Quoted post[/post]​

You can still crank up your compression and run hotter cams without worrying about reliability if you spend some time tuning the engine properly. Find out how your county tests emissions and you can spend extra time tuning the car in those rev ranges so you can still pass the sniffer.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 5 2004, 01:49 PM
Seriously though, you are out of your fucking mind. Read through my sig... I'll be LUCKY to put down 190-200 wheel hp. And that's with pistons, cams, springs, retainers, intake manifold, tb, injectors, port and polish, valve job, cold air, header, exhaust, and VAFC.
[post=412631]Quoted post[/post]​

That's because you bumped your stock compresion by a whopping .1:1 over what the stock b16a2 has...

Put in some 11:1, or even better yet for making the point, 12:1 internals and you can get a hell of a lot more than what you'd be lucky to put down.

Or you could read a little closer and now a little more about what you are talking about. He has 10.5:1 pistons, that is just a number. Just because you put those pistons in X block doesn't mean you get that compression. That is more of an arbitrary number used by piston manufacturers. You are better off using the dome cc displacement when talking about pistons and compression. His head was milled also=more compression. So I gaurantee you that his motor had more than 10.5:1 compression.

Originally posted by CRXSI91+Nov 6 2004, 01:23 AM-->
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1@Nov 6 2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by CRXSI91@Nov 5 2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1@Nov 5 2004, 10:59 PM
CRXSI91
@Nov 5 2004, 06:03 PM
i never said shit about at the wheels...he said 200 hp period...so kiss my black dick faggots :)
[post=412862]Quoted post[/post]​

It seemed like you were doing some "ricer math", so ease up e-thug.
[post=412932]Quoted post[/post]​

it seems like your a noob,and an idiot..so dont even type towards the same thread im looking at.
[post=412982]Quoted post[/post]​

So post count = intelligence? If that's the case, you hardly have a case....
[post=412992]Quoted post[/post]​

post count doesnt mean intelligence...being me,means intelligence..and being u,means ignorance..theres a big difference..but u couldnt tell...your not smart enough to be able to.
[post=413021]Quoted post[/post]​

Why are you so angry? You know nothing about me. Quit wasting everybody's time and the bandwidth of this site with your angry posts.

Originally posted by CRXSI91+Nov 6 2004, 03:21 AM-->
Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Nov 6 2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by CRXSI91@Nov 6 2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1@Nov 5 2004, 10:59 PM
CRXSI91
@Nov 5 2004, 06:03 PM
i never said shit about at the wheels...he said 200 hp period...so kiss my black dick faggots :)
[post=412862]Quoted post[/post]​

It seemed like you were doing some "ricer math", so ease up e-thug.
[post=412932]Quoted post[/post]​

it seems like your a noob,and an idiot..so dont even type towards the same thread im looking at.
[post=412982]Quoted post[/post]​

1991 "Mugen" Crx Si

Injen Race Division Cold air intake

very slow for right now.

someone with that for a sig shouldnt talk about noobs. and threatening people on the internet is kind of like taking a crx with an intake to the track...absolutely pointless and a waste of time
[post=413005]Quoted post[/post]​

no ones threatening anyone..i said,if he cant get his shit strait,he needs not type in the same thread as me...but just because i only have a air intake doesnt mean i dont know my shit...maybe im trying to establish a career..instead of being a lifeless idiot,who thinks hes "cool" cus he did everything on his car "himself"...and obviously,that fits your description...and criticizing other people's cars,is like quoting the simpsons in a signature..instead of having intelligent quotes that apply to everyday life..your dumbass is quoting a tv show,made for insubordinate mindless idiots,who have admiration for tv characters who have no brain cells...quote something in your sig that has meaning to everyday life..or even maybe a car...and then maybe ill "Hook" my car up some more,just for your stupid ass...have a nice day :lol: DOH! ;)
[post=413020]Quoted post[/post]​

once again, making fun of someone over the internet is fucking pointless. if you have a problem with me i live in evergreen hall, room 146, rt 322. in glassboro nj and you can call me a lifeless idiot to my face. and i was just saying that only having an intake means that you probably havent been in the game for that long either. i wasnt challenging your knowledge. im only here about 1 1/2 years and as a kid paying his own college tuiton i still managed to put $ into my car. you really need to calm down and stop thinking everyone is an enemy.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Nov 6 2004, 10:35 AM-->
sohcslammer
@Nov 5 2004, 01:49 PM
Seriously though, you are out of your fucking mind. Read through my sig... I'll be LUCKY to put down 190-200 wheel hp. And that's with pistons, cams, springs, retainers, intake manifold, tb, injectors, port and polish, valve job, cold air, header, exhaust, and VAFC.
[post=412631]Quoted post[/post]​

That's because you bumped your stock compresion by a whopping .1:1 over what the stock b16a2 has...

Put in some 11:1, or even better yet for making the point, 12:1 internals and you can get a hell of a lot more than what you'd be lucky to put down.
[post=413050]Quoted post[/post]​

First of all, USDM B16s are 10.2:1 not 10.4:1 like the JDM ones.
Second of all, yes my head will be milled. I'm not sure how much though yet.
Thirdly, I only went with 10.5:1 so I can run a 6-8 pound SC on it down the road with a thicker head gasket and an un-milled head. And untill then I am squeezing a 75 shot on it. Not the greatest setup, but I'll put down 250whp on the bottle and I did this build on the CHEAP... :shrug2:

who cares, b16's are slow anyways unless you strap on some sort of forced induction, and even then, they still have no torque. save the money and dissappointment and go turbo, the end.

Back