b16 turbo, head work??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91crxturbo

Hey guys, I'm pulling my motor to build the bottom end and have decided to build the head while its out. I am shooting for 325-350 WHP. What are the best cams for a turbo b16. Also I am thinking of going with ferrea valve springs/retainers.....let me know your opinions! Thanks!

if you want to use factory cams i have heard great things about gsr cams in b16's for turbo. Aftermarket i have no experience however crower cams are always a good choice.

2000 si

Hey, I,m new to the site. I'm trying to find out what all i need to do to my B16 to be able to run about 15 ponds of boost safely. I dont know what compression i should run, the head work i need to do i need to know pretty much everything i need to do.

I heard ctr intake and gsr exhaust cam is great combination for turbo. Im planning to go with this route. But on the other hand crower makes great turbo cams.

A gsr intake cam and ctr exhaust cam would be a nearly identical setup to crower's turbo camshaft set.

:thumbsup: to ferrea. They make good quality products. Ti retainers and stronger springs, correct? This isn't just an OE parts replacement, is it? I'd also do a diy port and polish; at least clean up the casting imperfections, and do a little portmatching of the manifolds while you can.

Back