b16a ecu codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

your right i do know alot about hondas and cars in genral but who said it was a obdo motor,so are you saying there no way a bad ecu could do that, just because someone said it was a obdo dont mean it is i would double check to make sure
yes i am saying that there is no way a bad ecu will trigger a code 9. Obviously it's a possibility, since anything is possible, but not a very high one like you seem to think. I'm sure this guy would know if the motor is obd0 or not since i'm sure he would of stated if he changed over to obd-1 or not. It's in a crx, it's obd-0 unless he converted which is most likely not the case since he didn't say anything about it.

well now that i got that figured out, code 6 10 and 14 i've just got to problem solve, the only things that they could be are the senseors them selves or the wiring right? by the way code 14 intake air control, and 10 intake air temp, were are those sensors located

well now that i got that figured out, code 6 10 and 14 i've just got to problem solve, the only things that they could be are the senseors them selves or the wiring right? by the way code 14 intake air control, and 10 intake air temp, were are those sensors located
6 - coolant temp sensor is located on the side of the head underneath the distributor. The plug looks just like the vtec pressure switch plug. 10 - Air Temp Sensor is located on the manifold on one of the intake runners. 14 - Idle Air Control is located on the back of the intake manifold and has coolant lines going to it.

What harness did you use with this swap? With all these codes it seems to me that you tried to use the JDM harness and some of the plugs are not long enough to reach the sensors since the JDM harness is backwards or you used the stock crx harness (which is what you are supposed to do) and you just mixed up the plugs and you have them plugged into the wrong sensors. All the codes you have, each sensor shares the same type of plug so it is possible to plug them in the wrong sensor, however, they usually aren't long enough to get that badly mixed up so i couldn't tell you what the problems are exactly unless i was there. hope this helps...

Back