B16A head gasket and rod bolts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

danse

Hi eveyone, looking for some suggestions. I am installing a jdm B16A in my civic, I will be running a T3/T4 .5, .63 57 trim turbo. at 8 to 10 psi, I will not turn over 8200. From research I need to install ARP head studs and a new head gasket. What type of gasket (brand) should I get and should I install ARP rod bolts while the engine is out? I know that normally the pistons are the weak link as in ring lands. What do you all think? And at what rpm can I expect this to spool if anyone knows... Thanks..

you do not need arp head studs for that amount of boost. (if you can get them if fine but you dont need them) and think about getting a thicker cosmic head gasket. it will lower your compression and add a little safety to your engine(in case of a bad tune or bad gas).
the stock pistons are fine for that amount of boost. in terms of spool i am unsure
but it shoud be right around vtec.

if you imterested i've got a 3 layer felpro i'll sell for cheap 40 bucks shipped. Its been sitting for so long i need it gone. sorry to thread jack.

Back