b16a help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JAKracing

well i just swapped a b16a into my 90 std hatch, well to start off with i used the b16 harness. well after it wouldn't start up, i asked around, and they said i needed to use my d series harness and add wires. well i had to do a DPFI to MPFI conversion. i also wired up my vtec. well now my fuel pump isn't coming on at start and no check engine light.

so i just tried to wire the fuel pump up to a switch, when i turn the switch on, the check engine light comes on, but no noise from the fuel pump. the funny thing is i smell gas. anyone got any ideas on what to do????:confused:

i am going to the junkyard and get one, chances are it might be good

I dont see relays going bad often, especially if it was working prior to the swap. His problem is most likely something really simple but I would need to see it to diagnose it.

honda main relays not going bad often? maybe it's just the weather here, but in phoenix they go bad very often. i do agree though that if it was good before the swap, it's probably wiring, not the relay.

No doubt. Wait for the flood of summer posts about them going out. Happens every year. I've even experienced the problem.

x2 here in AZ they go bad all the time. You can kick the area near the relay and the friggin' car will start. A lot of times we will resolder every joint in the relay and it works fine after that.

Back