B16a into ef si. wont start. help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
i just put a b16a into my 91 si. all of the wires are hooked up except for the ones for vtec. all hoses are ran according to the diagram thats floating around this site. but it wont start. it cranks and sounds like its gonna but it dont. ive tried advancing and retarding the timing but it doesnt do anything. any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance.

Tell us a little more about your setup.

What distributor are you using?
What OBD are you setup for?
Have you tried a different distributor yet?
Checked cam timing?
Checked for Spark and Fuel?
etc, etc, etc

Fill us in mang!

obd0, basic setup nothing moded, pwo ecu. its getting fuel to the engine, its getting spark, and its getting air. timing belt and everything is straight everything lines up at tdc. ive tried swapping out the injectors, ive checked for spark and it seems that its getting a good fire. ive sprayed starter fluid into the intake and it does no good. the ecu isnt tripping any codes, it had one: vtec' but as soon as i hooked that up it went away. ...... it cranks and sometimes it sounds like it wants to start but it kinda backfires and stops. thats all ive got.

sorry i am new to this i didnt mean to "thread jack"

dude i have a 95 civic with b16 obd-1 in it. i get fuel, spark,timing good, but it still wont start. BUT i did spry starter fluid in it and it started then just sputters out. ples guys out there help us 2 honda guys out. and ya the plugs are in right spot. distributor turns but wont crank at all unless i spry starter fluid in. sorry i am new to this didnt mean to "thread jack".

dude, start your own thread then

lol, jacking my thread. not a big deal though. i got it running this week. it needed a new distributer. turns out it was getting spark but not enough. but i do appreciate your posts.

Could you not have just changed the coil and saved yourself 150 bucks?

Could you not have just changed the coil and saved yourself 150 bucks?

i tried that but the screws were stuck and when i tried to take them out they stripped so i was stuck. but as long as it runs its ok. its a worthy investment, lifetime warranty on it. now i just gotta get the exaust and speedometer fixed and i'll be good to go.

Back