b16a o2 sensor placement???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jason22ga

jason91si
does anyone know what o2 sensor goes where on a b16a stock exhaust manifold theres 2 holes side by side where the sensors go but i dont know which sensor goes where i know one has a green plug and the other has a white/clear plug so i need to know which on goes on the driver side and which one goes on the passenger side
thanks

i believe that the one with the green plug goes on the passenger side. thats how mine was on the motor when i recieved it.

yeah theres one for each two cylinders. i would imagine that if you crossed them then say if cyl. 3 and 4 ran rich then the ecu would lean out cyl. 1 and 2 bc its getting the reading from that o2.

Yeah, it does matter. The problem is that I've heard conflicting things as to whether or not the japanese motors have them switched around on the ECU plug. I've heard that you need to swich them from the way they come in order to get them to work with your stock harness. Honestly I have no clue. I switched mine and it does seem to run a bit better. Perhaps someone else can clarify this.

Last edited:
? maybe. its worth a try. im waiting for a new dizzy to hopefully get mine running. but i'll try it and see how it goes swapped.

Back