b16a obd1 into ek obd2a: need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vicsir

I'm in the process of doing a b16 swap into my ek.
I've researched the forums and found out alot of what I got to do.

I got a couple of problems though:

1: doing the iacv 3 wire to 2 wire fix and the wires are different colours. I know pissedoffsol's thread said to connect the yellow/black wire to the green/black and connect the blue/black to black.

my obd1 wires are yellow/black and blue/yellow and my obd2a wires are black/yellow and blue/black....which ones do I connect to which?( i disregarded the orange wire)

2. Also rewireing the alternator and some of the wires don't match up. I got the colour codes from the other two threads on the alternator wiring but my obd2a plug only has 3 wires as for the obd1 has 4 wires...everything matched except there was no white/green wire to go to the white/yellow wire on the obd1 plug. I was left with the white/red wire on my obd2a harness and the white/yellow wire and one other wire from the obd1 plug

I'm stuck on these two so all the help would be awsome

Thanks

the alt. is a tricky one kinda.. ive searched for a straight answer found diddly squat.

what I did was wire the blk/yell wires together, the white/blue ones together. Then I connected the final two pins (white/yell. and white) and connected that to the remaining white/red wire in the obdII harness.

I'm going to start my car up tonight or tomorrow.. ill tell you if the battery is being charged

cool that would be awsome...thanks man

did you by any chance do the iacv fix with the three to two wire?

okay just checked my batt. voltage and the alt. is charging 14V!! so my wiring worked.

Nope I didn't have to wire the iacv up because i had a ex harness. Under "swap articles" (the section on this site) there's a thread that explains how to wire it up

perfect thanks i'm gonna wire it up tonight...the only difference on mine is the remaining wires on the obd1 harness is white/yellow on a solid blue one.

i'm just going to connect them like you did...thanks for the help

yea i looked at that thread...the only thing was the colour of my wires on the 2 wire iacv are different so i'm kind of stuck

anyone what i can do for the iacv fix ???? both the wires on the plug and the wires on my obd2 harness are different colours then the thread....

thanks

I beleive you connect what you're calling yellow/black to black/yellow and connect what you're calling blue/yellow to blue/black...I'm pretty sure there isn't a blue/black wire on OBD2 IACV's (blue/black meaning blue wire with black stripe), there should be a black wire with a blue stripe.

You're also going to have to do some swapping around on your ECU pins. Move the black/blue wire at A14 to A12.

At any rate, connect yellow/black to black/yellow and blue/yellow to blue/black. If you do this, do the ECU pin switching, and you're throwing a CEL for your IACV, swap the two wires.

cool thanks man, yea i'm just gonna do that if that doesn't work i'll just switch them around....I don't have to switch them around on the ecu pins though??

Back