b16a sirII swap into 90 teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TDaddy

Ok...motor is in and wiring almost finished...but I have a few questions.

1. The tps was not mounted on the manifold and the gasket got damaged. I need to get another one or make one, however honda usa doesn't carry that part because all the tps sensors are rivited onto the manifolds.

2. I've wired up all the extra wires for the obd0-obd1 conversion with the vtec sensors, etc... However I'm supposed to wire up the knock sensor next to the oil filter on the back of the block...the problem is that there are more plugs on the b18 harness then there are on the b16. What are all these plugs and do I still need to wire up that sensor separately? And if so do I just leave those plugs hanging?

3. The ECT sensor on the b16 is not on the b18 and the conversion harness doesn't say anything about wiring up that sensor... there are no plugs on the b18 harness that plug into that...so what do i do?

Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks

my first suggestion is to get wiring diagrams for both the b18 and the b16 then youi will be able to find out what the sensor is that is plugging into the kncok sensor because it is not for the knock sensor due to the fact that the b18 doesnt have one. being that your converting from obd0 to obd1 there really shouldnt be any extra sensor plugs on the harness for the b18, you will need to add wires like for the knock as u said. if all else fails, look at the color of the wires for that sensor that your not sure of that plugs intot he knock sensor. go back to the ecu and find those wires and which pin the go into. Then print out a pinotu fromt he articles section and that will tell you what sensor that plug is for and likewise for anything else u might have a doubt with

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Mar 29 2004, 11:38 AM
shouldn't have done it, your cars gonna be slower now.

If i recall, my wife :owned: you on this subject so you can just shut your hole...Mr. I don't like b16's in g2 integras eventhough i have an integra xsi (with b16) avatar. Give it a rest yo! We've heard your lame ass before.

Originally posted by TDaddy+Mar 29 2004, 04:27 PM-->
@Mar 29 2004, 11:38 AM

If i recall, my wife :owned: you on this subject so you can just shut your hole...Mr. I don't like b16's in g2 integras eventhough i have an integra xsi (with b16) avatar. Give it a rest yo! We've heard your lame ass before.

i can be supportive, but im telling you its worthless. and as I recall, nobody ever owned me on this subject. and yeah my avitar is an XSi cause its clean, not cause of the motor. dude seriously a 1.6 doesn't have enough torque for a heavy ass integra. i've seen the swaps done, driven cars with the swaps done, have friends with the same swap, and its lame. who cares if it has "all mighty VTEC power". VTEC sucks on B16's. im not the first, and i won't be the last to say it, but theres no replacement for displacment.

This is what we chose and this is what were're doing...if you don't have anything positive to contribute to this thread then just shut the hell up. I didn't ask for your opinion on whether or not we should put a b16 in our car...i asked for specific information regarding the swap in progress. My wife doesn't want it for the torque she's not stretlight racing or even track draging...she just want's her car back...and anyway the extra horsepower she gains is good for the freeway and that's where she wants it...not the minimal difference in torque.

dude seriously a 1.6 doesn't have enough torque for a heavy ass integra.

well, the curb weight of an integra is actually a few pounds lighter than that of a civic Si (which has a b16), so, the integra isn't 'heavy ass'.

i've seen the swaps done, driven cars with the swaps done, have friends with the same swap, and its lame. who cares if it has "all mighty VTEC power". VTEC sucks on B16's. im not the first, and i won't be the last to say it, but theres no replacement for displacment.

well, i would agree on one point. i hear from friends of mine who have done this swap that driving in town is kind of shitty. however, top end gain is great. i would assume you and your friends don't know how to drive or something, because everyone I know says it's a good gain.

i don't remember anyone ever 'owning' me

let me remind you.... thread in question

For the record, I don't really give a shit what you think. You are entitled to your opinions, and I'm frustrated that you couldn't answer them for me. I don't want your opinion, I want information to fix my car. Please, don't ruin this thread or others. It's nice you have your opinion, but if you aren't going to answer the question... please don't post things like that. Obviously this swap has begun, and we don't need to hear your negativity.

Thanks.

And to RudeLude and Driver1, thank you for contributing something positive, or attempting to answer the question. you have been helpful. WILL ANYONE WHO HAS DONE THIS PARTICULAR SWAP PLEASE HELP OUT! :) thank you very much!!!

On the LS there are two plugs, or sensors. The green 2 pin plug is oil pressure sensor, the other 1 pin plug is oil temp sensor. Misti and I were chatting on AIm and she asked what those two plugs on the ls block were.

I have the same swap and ive ran the pr3, but the best way to get your car running is use a chipped pr4 (no knock sensor) and a vafc for vtec control and fuel.

Sooo Can i just let those extra wires hang? or cap them off?

If so I'll just use one of them and trace it back to the ecu so i can solder it into the conversion harness for the knock sensor...

And anyone have the info on the ECT?

Originally posted by Gen2Teg+Mar 29 2004, 04:43 PM-->
Originally posted by TDaddy@Mar 29 2004, 04:27 PM
Gen2Teg

i can be supportive, but im telling you its worthless. and as I recall, nobody ever owned me on this subject. and yeah my avitar is an XSi cause its clean, not cause of the motor. dude seriously a 1.6 doesn't have enough torque for a heavy ass integra. i've seen the swaps done, driven cars with the swaps done, have friends with the same swap, and its lame. who cares if it has "all mighty VTEC power". VTEC sucks on B16's. im not the first, and i won't be the last to say it, but theres no replacement for displacment.

r u drunk kid. the vtec sucks on b16's? WHY THE HELL WOULD SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE B16'S IF THEY SUCK? the VTEC in my car dosent suck, since you'll go deaf after hearing the VTEC engage with my toda spec c's in your face. its better than the piece of shit LS that has 130hp, that I was scared to rev past 5000 because It felt like it was going to blow up. honda wouldnt of put a b16 in an integra if it wasnt underpowering the car. go talk trash somewhere else. theres no replacement for displacement huh? how come my 1.6L puts out more power than most 8 cyclinder engines, and I still get 20 miles to the gallon, when meaty cars you get 8 miles to the gallon and put out the same hp as my rice. :asshat: :owned: why dont you go buy some big block chevy if you think there isnt any replacement for displacement, and good luck paying for the gas.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3+Mar 30 2004, 11:29 PM-->
Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Mar 29 2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by TDaddy@Mar 29 2004, 04:27 PM
Gen2Teg

r u drunk kid. the vtec sucks on b16's? WHY THE HELL WOULD SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE B16'S IF THEY SUCK? the VTEC in my car dosent suck, since you'll go deaf after hearing the VTEC engage with my toda spec c's in your face. its better than the piece of shit LS that has 130hp, that I was scared to rev past 5000 because It felt like it was going to blow up. honda wouldnt of put a b16 in an integra if it wasnt underpowering the car. go talk trash somewhere else. theres no replacement for displacement huh? how come my 1.6L puts out more power than most 8 cyclinder engines, and I still get 20 miles to the gallon, when meaty cars you get 8 miles to the gallon and put out the same hp as my rice. :asshat: :owned: why dont you go buy some big block chevy if you think there isnt any replacement for displacement, and good luck paying for the gas.

Dude in all honesty you=teh same gayness factor of gen2teg, for coming in this thread and posting up stupid bullshit about whether a b16 is better than an ls or a big block chevy so on and so forth. If you can not add any tech advice as to what should be done in their swap then simply do not post, whats so hard about that? If you really insist on coming on this site to argue about dumb shit over the internet, leave it in the lounge.

Cmon lets help this guy out! I have done this swap. this is what i did:
91 teg with 93 xsi b16(SIR-2)
Ecu- OBD-1 (adapter harness used)
ENG Harness- OBD-0
(added vtec, knock, O2, and ELD wires. Swap dist. plug to OBD-1, Using OBD-1 Injectors(remove resistor box)

as far as the ect goes, there are 3, one for the fan(2 pin), one for the gauge(1 pin), and one for the ecu(2 pin).

U need to move the GREEN 2 pin connector from the back of the motor to the T- stat housing.The sensor color should be black. the other two plug in to the same locations as the b18a on the head in front of the dist.

this should help u out. Oh yeah for those of you that say that the tegs are heavy- i have a friend with the same motor in a 93 civic coupe and he is right next to me when we race so it is dead even. civics and teg weight about the same. civics good but tegs come with stuff the civics want!

for a tps sensor (I keep saying this time and time again) go to a honda motorcycle parts department and get one from a CBR600. It's $35 and the same thing. :D You can thank me later for that little trick.

Or go the the junk yard with a hammer and small chisel and tap one off of just about any MPFI accord civic or lude teg etc... I got a shit load of them for free. Sorry they have all been used or i would offer you one.

Thanks to the smart n00b viper for your help. I'll see if I can't put that into action this weekend...we hope to be startin that bish up! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Mar 31 2004, 07:08 PM
for a tps sensor (I keep saying this time and time again) go to a honda motorcycle parts department and get one from a CBR600. It's $35 and the same thing. :D You can thank me later for that little trick.

Thats a cool trick. Hmm

no prob I hope that helps. if not i can get some pics. hope you get it running soon. let everyone know how it works out!

Oh I will ... Be postin up picks sunday night or monday!

Thanks to everyone who had some actual help to offer. :thumbsup:

Back